Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2001 Tribute and my check engine light came on a while back, I finally took it to Auto Zone and had the codes scanned. It came back as "P1409 EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Circuit". The print out they gave me stated that the most likely solution was to replace the Differntial Pressure Feedback Sensor".
Easy enough to replace so I gave it a shot - Disconnected the battery, replaced the Sensor and hooked the battery back up. I drove it down the street and back (less than a mile) and came back home. When I went to crank it again the check engine light came right back on.

I'm going to fill up and reset the codes again this afternoon and, if it comes back on after that, have the codes read again.

In the meantime I'm hoping someone here might have some other suggestions of things to try before I have to take it into a repair shop (yes, I know that's probably ultimately what I should do but I can't cover what they would charge right now, so trying to save a bit and DIY if I can. )

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Edit - In case it helps, Wanted to add after work I filled up, disconnected the battery, connected it and drove 15 miles without the CEL coming back on. As soon as I turned it off and re-cranked it, it came back on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts