Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely drive the car, and if I don't run it for over a week, the battery dies. Since nothing else seems to be "on," I'm assuming it's the alarm system doing the damage. It's not garaged, so I can't keep the battery on a maintenance charger. I looked into a way to possibly disable the alarm, but can't find any help. Does anyone have a cure for this problem? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same thing happened to my 1995 Milly 'S' when it was parked for weeks... All I did was Disconnect the battery [the (-) negative battery terminal side]. Done. Reconnect it when ready to start, and she starts STRONG.

Hope this helps!

LuRoc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've tried that approach, too LuRoc. It's not very convenient, so I was hoping for a better, more permanent solution. Starting it up and letting it run for a while usually helps - until I forget! Can't imagine what that alarm system is doing that drains a battery so quickly.😕

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if taking the negative side off your battery will keep your alarm active.
As a suggestion, how about a battery tender hooked up. An extension cord can be attached to feed the battery tender from the house/garage. They don't draw much electricity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts