Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a 1986 B2000 pickup which has lasted me all these years, but I've been having some problems with the clutch. The pedal has lost all pressure/resistance and stays stuck to the floor. The clutch itself is stuck in the "open" position (I can turn the ignition on whether the clutch pedal is pushed or not) and I can shift into all gears. The problem is it won't re-engage so the truck doesn't move forward.

There was no fluid leakage as the reservoir was still full, although it was kind of leaking around the base of the reservoir/top of the master clutch master cylinder. I replaced the clutch slave/release cylinder and the master cylinder and am still not getting any pressure from the clutch pedal. I have also tried to bleed the line, but with no pressure in there it's kind of pointless.

Has anybody run into this sort of problem? It appears the "comeback spring" connected to the pedal under the dash is OK, but could it be the rod isn't extending from the pedal into the master cylinder far enough or something? There was also grayish fluid in the line when replacing the slave probably from metal filings getting into the brake/clutch fluid.

Thanks a lot for any ideas you can give me. As of now... I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a 1986 B2000 pickup which has lasted me all these years, but I've been having some problems with the clutch. The pedal has lost all pressure/resistance and stays stuck to the floor. The clutch itself is stuck in the "open" position (I can turn the ignition on whether the clutch pedal is pushed or not) and I can shift into all gears. The problem is it won't re-engage so the truck doesn't move forward.

There was no fluid leakage as the reservoir was still full, although it was kind of leaking around the base of the reservoir/top of the master clutch master cylinder. I replaced the clutch slave/release cylinder and the master cylinder and am still not getting any pressure from the clutch pedal. I have also tried to bleed the line, but with no pressure in there it's kind of pointless.

Has anybody run into this sort of problem? It appears the "comeback spring" connected to the pedal under the dash is OK, but could it be the rod isn't extending from the pedal into the master cylinder far enough or something? There was also grayish fluid in the line when replacing the slave probably from metal filings getting into the brake/clutch fluid.

Thanks a lot for any ideas you can give me. As of now... I'm stumped.
Same problem any solution?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The issue is with your clutch hydraulics. Either you got a bad part, or you haven't bled all the air out of the system. Don't overlook the two flexible lines in the system either !

I've had the same issue in the past, and have had my '88 B2200 since 1994.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts