Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i recently purchased a 1990 mazda 626 with the 2.0 DOHC petrol engine in it.
the timing belt broke however the head and pistons are still good
i need to know how to line the crank and camshafts up to put the new belt on so i dont destroy the valves
thanks
dan

·
Registered
329 Posts
Buy a Chiltons, its a book that tells how to repair everythin, and it will give you the needed tourque specks and everything.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Wait, he used the word "petrol" rather than "gas". So he's in Europe - in which case, he'll want the Haynes manual instead (I don't know if Chilton sells across the pond).

However, the Haynes book should tell you what you need to know. Replacing the timing belt is a fairly easy matter of lining up the timing marks on the cams and crank to a certain place, then torquing everything down to the proper level so the belt can move freely. Generally, this is easier if the engine's out of the car, but it can be done from the engine bay (though I guarantee it'll be a bit frustrating).

Duncan :D - good luck!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good looking out Duncan ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone thanks for the response actually i am in the United States Air force ive just been in england so long the language is sticking with me. and the car is actually a british spec mazda thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts