Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
●Grinding noise: power steering fluid drips on serpentine belt and makes it screech. Replace serpentine belt
Replace serpentine belt 1) loosen alternator bolts 2 total. Remove belt one 2) loosen bolts under power steering pump then loose the bolt on the side of the tensioner replace both belt. Belt is tight if you push on it and it goes down 1 inch

●bad alternator: Replace it with a new or used one only. DO NOT REPLACE IT WITH REMANUFACTURED ALTERNATOR. Went through 7 AutoZone remanufactured alternators. They made it look like it was my cars fault everytime. They checked all of them on their machine and some of them were working fine according to their machine but it was my aging car that couldn't handle their great alternators. Then I returned my last one and got a used one off of ebay and my car doesn't break alternator no more. So don't buy reman alternator even if they give you lifetime warranty.

●Leaking power steering: can't replace it without taking off engine mounts and jacking up the engine. Big steering pump bolt will not clear. It is better to put leak sealer in power steering fluid.

●Leak behind engine when car is hot: 1)heater hose. It is not easy to see the hole even if you take it off. Replace it. If leak still there 2)intake manifold gasket. 3)freeze plug

●Temp gauge reading high all the time: Replace temp sensor with green connector on it. Located under air intake hose. It has 2 prongs not one. Next to distributor engine side. To unhook the connector there is a pin going around the groove on the green connector get a pick and take it out. Don't pull on connector until you take this out.

●Car heating up: Replace thermostat don't put sealant to close the housing. Fill radiator with coolant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
●Grinding noise: power steering fluid drips on serpentine belt and makes it screech. Replace serpentine belt
Replace serpentine belt 1) loosen alternator bolts 2 total. Remove belt one 2) loosen bolts under power steering pump then loose the bolt on the side of the tensioner replace both belt. Belt is tight if you push on it and it goes down 1 inch

●bad alternator: Replace it with a new or used one only. DO NOT REPLACE IT WITH REMANUFACTURED ALTERNATOR. Went through 7 AutoZone remanufactured alternators. They made it look like it was my cars fault everytime. They checked all of them on their machine and some of them were working fine according to their machine but it was my aging car that couldn't handle their great alternators. Then I returned my last one and got a used one off of ebay and my car doesn't break alternator no more. So don't buy reman alternator even if they give you lifetime warranty.

●Leaking power steering: can't replace it without taking off engine mounts and jacking up the engine. Big steering pump bolt will not clear. It is better to put leak sealer in power steering fluid.

●Leak behind engine when car is hot: 1)heater hose. It is not easy to see the hole even if you take it off. Replace it. If leak still there 2)intake manifold gasket. 3)freeze plug

●Temp gauge reading high all the time: Replace temp sensor with green connector on it. Located under air intake hose. It has 2 prongs not one. Next to distributor engine side. To unhook the connector there is a pin going around the groove on the green connector get a pick and take it out. Don't pull on connector until you take this out.

●Car heating up: Replace thermostat don't put sealant to close the housing. Fill radiator with coolant.
Great notes - will keep this marked. Mine is a 1992 Protege' DX. Still driving in the 28th year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts