Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This not running on low idle started after I had really bad gas (in the truck) :).
The Short version is the bad gas got cleaned out, tank drained and 6+ fuel filters later and was running okay for a while, then this stalling at low idle started. New fuel pump, (mechanical under the hood)... no change.... but then I noticed that there was less and less gas in the fuel filter, when usually it was full. I thought it was crap in the fuel line from the tank, blew it out with compressor, could hear bubbles in the tank... no change. Today I read that it might be as simple as air getting into a fuel line. Could that be?
Before, when I was still trying to work out the problem I read that it can be a lot of stuff with vaccum lines the MAS thing and other stuff I know nothing about.
I have a chance to get free parts from the same Mazda as I have, for a few weeks, although it is not close by. So I'd like to know what anyone thinks about this.
I was thinking of taking the tank with the lines etc, but now I wonder if I should take the carb and all it's attached gear also. Any feedback or info would be great. Thanks Neddy

·
Registered
'93 B2200 Ext. Cab 5-Speed, Megasquirt Fuel Injection
15 Posts
You have this?
Arthropod Invertebrate Wood Insect Natural material

Most likely one or more rotten vacuum hoses. Get the B2200 workshop manual. There is a whole section of carb troubleshooting. I don't know if there is a download link somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
14 Posts
You have this?
View attachment 10780

Most likely one or more rotten vacuum hoses. Get the B2200 workshop manual. There is a whole section of carb troubleshooting. I don't know if there is a download link somewhere on this forum.
Thats one scary pic Roadace. If I hadnt experience all that stuff, I would have called the tow truck to haul it away.
Bobmo
I guess the next pic with be the engine bay after a weber install😁

·
Registered
1991 Mazda B2200
6 Posts
If it is not a vacuum issue, check your spark plugs if the engine is running really lean (plugs will be white). If so, wouldn't hurt to check the catalytic converter between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe. The material inside can break and fall into/onto the top of the exhaust pipe, plugging it enough to cause backpressure and have the engine run lean and have idle issues. Happened to me and drove me crazy and didn't find it until I put a Weber carb on and took the exhaust manifold off to put headers on, and there it was, piece stuck in the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My problem is on start up my 96 12 valve with the electric carb is pushing out clouds of blue smoke until reaches full operating temperature , yet compressions all read 150 150 155 160 & no blowby or fuming but plugs black & sooty. Occasionally it starts running rough & backfiring after about 10 Kms but turn it off&restart it goes ok again until next time iuse it -- new fuel filter & choke opens fully once warm & took those 2 solenoid things off & cleaned them & checked power to them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts