Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just saw that you posted a video so I'm checking that out now.
Hi Jeb,
Look at this video at minute 9:10. It specifically describes how an igniter issue will cause a lack of pulse signal to the injectors.
Just saw that you posted a video so I'm checking that out now.
What I got from it was than no pulse meant a faulty ECM. Would it be a good idea to send it back and try another one? As I said before, That site doesn't respond. I just looked them up again and the message I got was that the domain name expired. Anyone else you would recommend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The video definitely pointed towards the ECU. I've got another week or two until the warranty expires. I still want to know if the problem might be something other than the ECU.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the video, he does point to the igniter. You can get one of these from RockAuto More Information for WVE 6H1082
You can get one of these for about $80
I will check my manual to see if there is a test fault diagram for the igniter, but the video did say that if that fails, you won't get a signal to the injectors. Since this is OBD1, it may not throw a code for this. But if your warranty is about to expire, I know this is tight. You may want to call them and ask if they would extend a few days until you sort this out. I will get back in the book and look for a test procedure for the igniter and get back to you ASAP

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Someone else mentioned the igniter awhile back when the truck ran for about 5 minutes and then wouldn't start. Have one coming. Thank you again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Please let me know when you get it figured out and don't hesitate if you have further questions.
You will get there!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
So sorry to hear that. So now it seems we're back to the ECU or a wiring issue.
So to make sure we are on the same page:
  • You are now getting a spark
  • The fuel injectors are not getting a pulse
If this is still correct, I will do some more digging. I assume that the place you got your ECU is the same place that is no longer in business?

I had my ECU rebuilt by a guy in Medford OR. I will look him up and see if he could have a look at the ECU if you would like me to. The ECU's on these had a bad capacitor that leaked on the top board and broke off the connection to the lower board. Replacing the cap and the thin wire that ran between the boards is the fix, but I can't solder to save my life. This is why I sent mine out.

Let me know...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So sorry to hear that. So now it seems we're back to the ECU or a wiring issue.
So to make sure we are on the same page:
  • You are now getting a spark
  • The fuel injectors are not getting a pulse
If this is still correct, I will do some more digging. I assume that the place you got your ECU is the same place that is no longer in business?

I had my ECU rebuilt by a guy in Medford OR. I will look him up and see if he could have a look at the ECU if you would like me to. The ECU's on these had a bad capacitor that leaked on the top board and broke off the connection to the lower board. Replacing the cap and the thin wire that ran between the boards is the fix, but I can't solder to save my life. This is why I sent mine out.

Let me know...
Yes, Getting spark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got the ECM off of ebay and I'm trying to return it. Had pulse with the old one even though a couple of the terminals were corroded. With the new onw I now get no pulse. I figure it's the best path. Not sure of the the remanufacture quality though. Too bad about that B2600i site as there was a lot of good information. Won't even pull up anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I got the ECM off of ebay and I'm trying to return it. Had pulse with the old one even though a couple of the terminals were corroded. With the new onw I now get no pulse. I figure it's the best path. Not sure of the the remanufacture quality though. Too bad about that B2600i site as there was a lot of good information. Won't even pull up anymore.
Can't thank you enough for your assistance by the way

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Finally got a refund for the old ECM. Any suggestions where to get one from a reliable source?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are you still around? 2nd replacement ECU which cost me $50 more than the first did nothing. No fuel at all. Ideas??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, I have been out of touch. May I ask where you got the second ECU? I will have a look around to see if I can find a reliable source.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also, do you have the original ECU that came with the truck? Some places have a core charge, and having the original would take care of that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So let's recap:
  • You are getting a spark to the plugs
  • You do have fuel getting to the filter
  • The injectors are NOT firing (you can't hear/feel them clicking)
Am I correct?

If you can validate that for me, I will look at my shop manual and go from there.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts