Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 2.2L DX 5 spd sedan that's getting 23 mpg. I live in the country. The fueleconomy.gov site says the range is 24 -31 mpg. It's been tuned up. The car has high miles. Is there any switches or sensers that can be replaced on the motor that would increase my mileage to 27 or 28? I notice there's one with a button the throttle linkage rest's on. The car idles ruff when warm and has low rpm, but is at 1000 rpm when first started. It seems this car should be getting 27 + mpg. Nice car though, i just got it. Thanks -LB

·
Registered
329 Posts
i looked on Edmunds, and it dident even say how many miles per gallon your car gets....Maybe 23 is normal for your car? try your car manul and see what it says

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
what's your driving style? are you waiting until higher rpms before shifting or driving at very high speeds, both can reduce your MPG. also, how are your tires (undreinflated/overinflated) can reduce milage also? do you tow stuff or carry a lot in your car, it could be the weight.

all that stuff could be contributing to the low MPG. the rough idle when warm seems strange though. have you checked the basics like air filter and stuff? There really isn't a special way to increase the mileage like that - a faulty o2 sensor or something could also be causing the car to not mix the fuel and air properly; personally, I wouldn't just go changing the sensors at random though because that's gonna be pretty expensive.

how's the acceleration?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the post under mine (31 Oct ) answered it very well by MaxspeedSE, so i'll be looking to get that Mass Air Flow senser to cure the rough idling at a red light with the clutch in i have. Maybe the fule mileage will come up too. Thanks, MaxspeedSe. - l1el

1 - 4 of 4 Posts