Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with a problem I'm having with deciding an upgrade. Any info on the following would be helpful:
1. Use the stock 2.2 motor and add a Turbonetics T3 / Super 60 turbo, but I'd like to convert to fuel injection and haven't found anything on the web in the past year and a half.
2. Since Mazda is owned by Ford, maybe throw a 5.0 in the truck. I know it can be done on Rangers, but the Ranger and B2200 weren't clones that year.
Any info on either topic would be very helpful. It's just hard to find any upgrades for my truck. I just want my truck to kick a#s! :wacko:

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 88-92 2.2L 12-valve mazda 626, MX6, and Ford Probe used the same shortblock as the 86-93 B2200. You can use the exhaust manifold on the turbo models to cheaply boost your truck. I would heavily modify the ports and get a custom cam if you do so since the stock head isn't made to support the flow needed for high hp. As for converting to fuel injection, your best bet is home made. Only about 7% of the 2nd gen B2200s were fuel injected. MegaSquirt is a Do-It-Yourself stand alone fuel injection system that you build by hand. It is your best bet without a motor swap.

Kyrasis6
MazdaTrucking.com Administrator
The only forum on the net specializing on soley Mazda Trucks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by Barnes@Jan 31 2005, 11:42 PM
www.mazdatrucking.com isn't working anymore. i know this post was a year ago. but does anyone know what happened, i miss that site :'(
[snapback]242393[/snapback]​
I found some useful info on that site and then a few days later it died. :(

Maybe some of that crowd will come over here and make this one even better.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe some of that crowd will come over here and make this one even better.
[snapback]242541[/snapback]​
[/quote]

TRADER!!!

Lol, just joking. The site is back up after bypassing some issues the new link is below:

Mazdatruckin.com

Thanks,
K6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts