Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 Capri was originally built BY FORD. OF AUSTRALIA at the time they were in collaboration with MAZDA. That explains the use of their using the MAZDA 323 chassis and drivetrain (1.6L). My issue is a no start one. It cranks freely but no fuel is reaching the fuel filter. I do know that the fuel pump is not activated by just turning the key to the ON position. Is the flap design in the MAF assembly possibly the culprit??? It has a new fuel pump. Maybe the pricey ($10£+) fuel pump relay? I haven't bypassed the relay yet by shorting the yellow connection next to the OBD connector on the firewall to for proof the new pump is working. I crank the engine and when I realise the key I can hear pronounced "GLUG" from the fuel tank so I'm assuming power is reaching the pump. The car only has 67K on it but hasn't been on the road for 5 years and been sitting outdoors. Red paint is oxidized. I put a green removable hardtop on it correction for the interior as the soft top was showing its age. I'd like to get it back on the road as its fun to drive. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts