Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First time to this forum. I bought a 1995 Millenia from a family friend for my 17th year old Son. The car had 13K miles when I bought it and is in MINT condition. The car has been in storage for years and currently has 18K. The car broke down last week on Thanksgiving day. It looks like it has a "timing system failure" and now needs some engine work. I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fix or just sell the car.

I am open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas. Such a great car that I would hate to get rid of it. I'm in the Chicagoland area if anyone wants to take a look.

Look forward to hearing from the forum.

Regards,

Jeff Mack
312-953-4224

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

First time to this forum. I bought a 1995 Millenia from a family friend for my 17th year old Son. The car had 13K miles when I bought it and is in MINT condition. The car has been in storage for years and currently has 18K. The car broke down last week on Thanksgiving day. It looks like it has a "timing system failure" and now needs some engine work. I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fix or just sell the car.

I am open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas. Such a great car that I would hate to get rid of it. I'm in the Chicagoland area if anyone wants to take a look.

Look forward to hearing from the forum.

Regards,

Jeff Mack
312-953-4224
Sounds like it could be the timing belt. I have a 2002 Millenia (not S) with 85k miles on it and have never changed the timing belt. The engines are non-interference, so a broken belt won't be catastrophic. It could be worth your while to have a mechanic check the timing belt. In your area with high labor costs, you're looking at $1k or more to do the whole replacement. You replace the water pump at the same time. I can get it done here in TN for around $500.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sent me a video saying that the Cam gear had busted out. I definitely think it was a timing belt but did it do any damage to the engine. I hate to give up on this beautiful car that the body is basically brand new. I am going to try and find a second opinion but might have to just sell as is....Thanks for the reply. I think I just need to find the right mechanic.....

· Registered
16 Posts
Didn’t the millenia have a miller cycle engine? I always wondered what a miller cycle engine was. To those that have one, do they feel or sound different to a Otto cycle engine? Sorry if I’m going off topic, I’m kinda tipsy and very curious about the miller engine if my memory serves me the millenia had 😅 forgive me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts