Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased a 1996 Millenea L(Through a broker) and have several questions.

1) Only one(1) key came with the auto.(No secondary keys) The owners manual doesn't say, but can primary and secondary keys be made by a regular lock smith???

2) How do you tell if there is an installed anti-theft code for the radio?? What I'm concerned about is if I disconnect and reconnect the battery, will I lose the use of the radio?? Where and how would I get a code number if needed??

3) How long will the keyless transmitter battery last??

I know I will have further questions soon and will appreciate any and all assistance.

Regards, Bob

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
1. No, you have to go to Mazda, because the keys are laser cut.

2. Don't know, ask Mazda tech.. they could tell you better.

3. If you use it often, about 2 years. That's been my experience thus far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. No, you have to go to Mazda, because the keys are laser cut.

2. Don't know, ask Mazda tech.. they could tell you better.

3. If you use it often, about 2 years. That's been my experience thus far.
Thanks for the quick rwply. I'll check it out and be back. :D

Regards, Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

I have just purchased a 1996 Millenea L(Through a broker) and have several questions.

1) Only one(1) key came with the auto.(No secondary keys) The owners manual doesn't say, but can primary and secondary keys be made by a regular lock smith???

2) How do you tell if there is an installed anti-theft code for the radio?? What I'm concerned about is if I disconnect and reconnect the battery, will I lose the use of the radio?? Where and how would I get a code number if needed??

I know I will have further questions soon and will appreciate any and all assistance.

Regards, Bob
Hey Bob,

This is for question two. If the radio is working properly now, you can install a new code now, any of your choice. I just bought my new milly and I didn't know the code. I read the manual and I programmed my own new code. It's quite simple, just follow the directions in the owners manual. Make sure you do it quick, because if your battery shoudl die, you won't be able to put your radio on..... Good luck.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

Regards, Bob
Hey Bob,

This is for question two. If the radio is working properly now, you can install a new code now, any of your choice. I just bought my new milly and I didn't know the code. I read the manual and I programmed my own new code. It's quite simple, just follow the directions in the owners manual. Make sure you do it quick, because if your battery shoudl die, you won't be able to put your radio on..... Good luck.......
===================
Hi,

Fortunately I was able to find an owners manual for my car on eBay and to be on the safe side I will install my own code ASAP. I was so impressed with the prompt service and promised delivery time of the manual, I'm submitting the web site and address for general information.

Bumper Books
www.bumperbooks.com
Suite 102 - #222
550 W Baseline Rd
Mesa, AZ 85210-2064
(480)633-9074

Thank you for your input.

Regards, Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello
I also have a 97L but no manual. I would like to reset the code on my radio before my battery dies. Can you please post the method to set a new code on a working radio.
Thanks
Zia
:shifty:

·
Registered
105 Posts
The following is from the Eunos 800 (Millenia in Australia) 1995 Owner Manual - make sure that the audio unit in your car is the same as what I describe below (especially the single-DIN unit).

Note: The stereo in this (1995) model is NOT the same as the one shown here :
http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalMazd...zdaMillenia.htm

Description of Audio Units (used in this guide) :

The single-DIN sized radio/cassette player has a volume control on the top left, and just to the right of that is a panel saying "S/W Vol". Above that text is the anti-theft indicator light. The controls on top row are :
Vol / [panel] / Rewind / FF / Cassette Slot / Play Pro / Stop Eject / [rounded panel]
Middle Row :
Scan / Auto-M / LED display / Tune Up & Down
Bottom Row :
Bass Bal / Tre Fad / AM FM / 1 APC / 2 Dolby / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

The Bose stereo is Double-DIN sized, and the Anti-theft Indicator light is at the top left corner. This has the "H-shaped" selector for Fader / Bass / Treble etc between 2 very large knobs for volume and Scan/Play at the bottom section of the unit.

The following procedure is the same for BOTH audio units I described above...

=======================

Setting the Code Number

1. Audio must be off and ignition switch at ACC or ON

2. Press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time for 2 seconds. "codE" will be displayed.

3. Within 10 seconds and while codE is displayed, again press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time. Bars will be displayed ( - - - - ).

4 While the bars are displayed, input your personal code number by pressing the channel preset buttons.
Press No. 1 button the number of times of the first code digitPLUS ONE. (if the number is 2, press button 3 times). Press No. 2 for the second code digit, No. 3 for the third, No. 4 for the fourth.
For example, if your number is 2547, press No.1 button 3 times, No.2 six times, No.3 five times, No.4 eight times.
- if the display goes off during input, begin again at step 2.

5. While the code number is displayed, press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time for 2 secs, and codE will flash. After 5 secs the display goes off to indicate the code has been installed.

Note: If Err is displayed, input your code number again. If you fail 3 times to input the number, turn off the ignition switch and begin at step 1.

To discourage potential theives once the code is active, a light flashes whenever the audio is off.

------------------------------------

Cancelling the Code Number

1. Audio must be off and ignition switch at ACC or ON

2. Press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time for 2 seconds. "codE" will be displayed.

3. Within 10 seconds and while codE is displayed, again press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time. Bars will be displayed ( - - - - ).

4. When this happens, input your personal code number by pressing the channel preset buttons (step 4 of the setting procedure).

5. While the code number is displayed, press SCAN and AUTO-M at the same time for 2 secs, and codE will flash. After 5 secs the display goes off to indicate the code has been cancelled.

------------------------------------

Changing the Code Number

To change the code number, first cancel it. Then use the setting procedures to set a new number.

=======================

Other notes from the manual

The Audio in your new Eunos has no code and will operate without it. But we recommend that you equip it with your personal code number.

To discourage potential thieves once the code is active, a light flashes whenever the audio is off.

Three consecutive erros will activate the antitheft system. This will make the audio permanently inoperative. The system must then be replaced by an authorised dealer.

Notes from JC

If the security light is not flashing (with Ignition switched OFF), then the code has NOT been set. If the light is not flashing, there is no need to worry about changing the code !

You must know the OLD code to cancel the existing code or change it.

Hope that helps, JC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts