Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My old non-original remote died (piece fell off from circuit board) and I purchased new one. I have tried to program it with no luck using different instructions found online. Only beeps I can get is 2 beeps if I turn the key 4 times instead of 3 times. I'm going to lose my mind with this thing soon. I know it's possible because previous owner got the other remote working obviously.
My Mazda is Xedos 9 which is european version of Millenia.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
There are different versions of the remotes, even though they all physically look the same. Are you sure you have the correct remote? I think the box is located in the trunk, behind the carpet, behind the rear seats. It should have the FCC# (or whatever comparable European number to FCC# in US), and the remote should have it printed inside.

I'm note sure about the Xedos 9, but for the Millenia it is:

1994-1995 - Compatible remotes
1996-2000 - Compatible remotes
2001+ - Compatible remotes

MAZDA MILLENIA 1996-2000
(US ) FCC ID # KPU41048
CANADA # 2288 101 275

MAZDA MILLENIA 2001-2004
(US) FCC ID # KPU41701
CANADA # 1988 103 1939

How to program the keyless remote:

Setting up:
1) Sit in the driver's seat and leave the door open;
2) Find the door-light switch on the car at the bottom of the door opening. It's covered by black rubber and when the door closes, the interior lights go out. So when you push it with your hand, the same thing happens;
• (Alternatively, you can open and shut the door)

Programming the remote:
3) Insert key in the ignition and turn to on, back to off and remove the key; Do this three times quickly
• (Key in, key on, key off, key out -- three times);
5) Then push the door-light switch three times (or open and shut the door);
6) Push the lock button on the remote twice; a chime should ring once;
7) Wait 10-20 seconds for four chimes, which confirm that it worked.

Programming more than one remote:
Repeat step #6 within five seconds for each additional remote. That way, all remotes will have the same programming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought remote with FCC ID - KPU41048, which should be correct one for 1996 model. I try to check the code later this week, because the trunk is so full with wife's stuff and mudtray which is tricky to get out and my car is on the side of the street. Tomorrow I will try those instructions again. I just read 10 mins ago somewhere that manufacturer recommended to wait 220 secs before turning key to program it succesfully. I will also try that. I keep you updated when I have any results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today I checked the remote unit (?) box in the trunk (attached photos). I also noticed that european car uses 433.92MHz frequence instead american 315MHz. I switched the jumper from the remote to corresponding slot, but still no luck. Xedos forums are next to nonexisting and Millenia seems to be just slightly different, so I try contacting Mazda dealer if I can get any free advice from them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts