Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 1998 Millenia that I'm trying to get running again and there is a piece missing on top of the engine. The car has trouble starting but once it does one of the vacuum lines that I would guess goes to this piece is pulling vacuum pretty hard. There is also two plugs that seem to go here as well.

Anyways, heres a pic of the area where the part is missing (right where the black and white plugs are):

Thanks for any help. :nerd:

·
Registered
88 Posts
You're missing the two VRIS solenoids and the bracket that holds them. The solenoids can be found on ebay. The bracket (and possibly solenoids) at a junk yard. They connect via vacuum lines and a T of some kind to the black vacuum box wedged underneath intake manifold on left side of picture. The other end attaches to the vacuum tube with the one way plastic valve shown in the middle of the picture. Without them you're at least getting codes P1521 and P1522. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow while I'm working on my 1995 2.5L Millenia.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yep, good old VRIS solenoids. Go grab some from a U-pull for $10 and you should be good. Probe GT and Mazda 626 with the 2.5L also have the same.
TomK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts