Mazda World Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
awsome, cant wait.

hopefully ill be up in QLD sometime this year and ill have to come visit :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Ya, you got the whole 929 community waiting, its your fault; you put the 1JZ in there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
when you do come up to QLD Nitros13 it would be cool to catch up with another fellow 929 enthusiest. i have a shop in brisbane, Slacks Creek. 11 Brennan St. The shop is called PST. I have been trying photo bucket to upload my pictures from image transfer but am having no luck, not very good with computers. Sorry about the delay guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have finally worked out how to use a computer :clap: so now i have a collection of shots with my car at various stages of its development. I originally had the intercooler mounted for about a year before getting the time to put the 1jz in. People would talk about this VIP looking car with the big cooler and sick engine, little did they know. It used to sound like a nice late model V8 with the V6 in it. Anyway, i hope i have provided you guys with some eye candy.
[/img]

[/img][/img]
[/img]
[/img]

some more pics
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

hers a couple of shots of some exhaust work i do. some of the posts i've read are regarding exhaust work carried out on their cars, although this is not the exhaust on my mazda it is of the same quality.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
I have custom fabricated the whole system on this cr apart from the extractors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
maybe i have not mastered this beast called the computer. Why are my pictures not showing up?

maybe i have not mastered this beast called the computer. Why are my pictures not showing up?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think this may be it. the following pictures have been taken of my car over the years

here are a few more

here is some shot of a custom exhaust that i fabricated for a customer. i have posted these pics because i read some of the other posts where the guys were talking about the work they had done on their 929's. this is the quality of exhausts that i fabricate.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Well you certainly have good taste.

What might be very helpful to our 929 community is is you could list the wheels specs for each rim just for referance if you can remember. The last 19" mesh ones look the best IMO. The bronze TE37 look odd(I like though), Ive always wanted to see a set on a dark green HC. I need offsets for referance !

I guess you have been VIP inspired for a while. And the drift phase caught your attention too I can see.

Do you have any thought of fitting VIP spec wheels with agressive fitament ??

The exhaust looks fabolous, what car is that ?

I like the old oval exhaust in the older picture.

I think you should find a set of those clear Toyota turn signal lenses I have...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The plastic liners most definitely have been removed. As for the rim specs ican tell you that the first pics i have 18" Blitz 03 rims off my father 300zx which i needed 20mm spacers for the front.
The bronze TE37's are 17x9.5 with 32 GTR offset and i had to pump my guards to fit them.
The 19" mesh rims are19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear Starcorps. they were off my fathers 94 model soarer. i never look at offset i just try and fit things. i had to put thins spacers on though front and back so as not to foul on the coilovers.
The chrome 20" rims are only 8" wide and are off my mates 89 model celsior ( lexus ls400)
The final rims whish i have on my car today are the black centre ones, these are called G-Max. They are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 and originally came off my maates r32 skyline. Again i have had to put small spacers front and back to clear the struts. On the front i have also fitted longer wheel studs which were a listed item at Autobarn.

Oh i forgot. The exhaust system in the pics is on a 2005 model BA Pursuit GT Falcon that we had just Procharged and intercooled. It made 480 something Hp at the wheels from memory on about 7 psi.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Its nice that your pops' lets you roll on his wheels.

The Starcorps(?) look the best on your ride. The drop here seems to be the blowest, or maybe its the angle...

... seems that over the years you have played with your ride height at bit. How do you find it rides when its real dropped ? I also plan to sit with the drop you have in the above picture, but I would come down a more in the front.

Also looking at your offsets(and how you use Skyline offsets), and then what you say "i never look at offset i just try and fit things."; Do you ever consider actually measuring for the best fitament ? I mean, it appears you have the most balls on the forum (for now) to go the extreme on your HC, but why not take it a step further ?

I look at this Crown, very similar lines and shape to our HC's and I say an HC can look better. Im really just saying consider the best fitament (you dont have to stretch tires) but it looks better and fits better. Im pulling and rolling my fenders for sure...

Either way, you have a sic car man, dont let me be a bad influence.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
one more...

wanted to know if you used this car for inspiration, or if youve seen the picture ?

...and the cleaner work obviously goes to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As i have said before, i never new the popularity of this car and did not know anyone was even considering modifying them when i started mine so no i have never seen that car before or ever used anyones ideas for the mods on my car. Having said that now that i know that people are modifying the HC and we have this forum for a useful tool maybe i can start using helpful hints to develop my 929 further. There is a lot more i can do with this baby yet, this is just the start.
As far as wheel fitment goes i dont think any of the cars you have shown with wide rims and pumped guards ever chased up specific offsets when they fit their rims, they would have just done like me and picked a rim they liked and MADE it fit, theres a bit more of a challenge that way and more satisfaction when you can get something a little different to fit. I do admire your attension to detail though.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The popularity of this car really just blew up in the last couple years. I credit the drifting scene & the Toyota Cressida. This forum has been a great tool to relay information, I like the fact that there is no BS here and members are always willing to help.

I disagree though on the fact that VIP tuners "done like me and picked a rim they liked and MADE it fit". There is no doubt that VIP tuning can consist of measuring and fitting correct offsets. I should also mention that these VIP tuners make the car fit the wheels, and not make the wheels fit the car. If you look at a catalog from companys that produce these type of wheels, you will find that there are many, many different offsets/widths to choose from, including A disc/O disc etc. for brake clearance size. The cars Im posting typically use low offsets, like this other Crown posted below. I have no doubt the car is running approximately 19x9" +5mm front & a 19x10 with say a +10mm rear. These are not correct sizes but typical sizes you would see with agressive fitting wheels on these beautiful 4 door sedans. No crazy fender modification, just clean simple lines with a fender pull or roll (for sure).

Not every car uses offsets that are close to zero, If I were to take a good guess, this Y31 Nissan (which also competed with the Luce at the time) uses offsets that are in the teens, but are just as wide.

I would say there is more satifaction with stuffing the best fitting wheels under fenders that are only pulled/rolled would yeild a great acomplishment. More thought that running to the store and buying some off the counter wheels with typical offsets. Just a thought...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pick wheels you like and make them fit. By that i mean massage the car to fit the wheel not vise-versa. Spacers are used left right and centre which throws the idea of correct offset out the window.

By the way love the pics you keep posting.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Exactly make the car fit the size of the wheels you have lined up. I dont like spacers but if I had the most I would run is 3mm, maybe 5mm.

Since you do like the fitament of the cars above (I dont feel bad for whoring your thread), then I will futher make my point. Credit goes to Dominick from VIPstyle forums, whos also from Aus.

Heres his Y32 Nissan Cedric Grand Turismo.

Stock, blah...

Necessary items; 18x9 & 18x10 again low offsets...

Damn they're too BIG !

Coilovers in, rims now wrapped in 215/35/18 front & 225/40/18 rear. The stand off...

Gotta love a lil camber...

Making the car fit the wheels

"Nice fitament"

The outcome, and all the effort its worth. He did mention to bring the front down more. I also agree a half inch up front would be perfect.

Maybe I have bad taste...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts