Mazda World Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
you most definitly do not have bad taste. Those rims on the Cedric are Alstadts, i think thats how its spelt, which were the rims on a Crown i was looking at buying.

Awsum looking rims.
The camber on the Cedric is like mine as it is lowered, if it wasnt for that lovely camber, fitting rims like these would be immpossible without massive bodywork. I dont particularly like some of the VIP cars with too big a flaring on the guards, just a light massage is perrfect and keeps the already great looking body lines of most cars intact.

·
Registered
932 Posts
that crown looks absolutely awsome. ive been thinking about buying one for ages.

those Aldstats would just set your car off 1jz929

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I dont remember if I mentioned the specs on these wheels; 18x9 +13 and 18x10 +5...

Those look like Work Eurolines above on the Crown with decent fitament and uncorrected camber.

And I do agree with you, Im also not into the extreme VIP style, I would rather see cars with nice fitting wheels; a slight fender pull and rolled lip just so you can appriciate the factory body lines that much more.

*Simple & clean is sometimes all it takes.

Although once in while I see widebody VIP cars done really well and make me think otherwise...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have just been offered a factory 13b turbo 5 speed 87 model 929. Gunmetal grey, sunroof, grey trim, microtech computer, 3" mandrel exh, 16" rims and stereo for 5 thousand, is that a good buy?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I dunno what the market value for that is that car down there but the equivalent of that value is $4600 CAN which would be steep for an 87 with mods. How many kms on it ? What kinda shape ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
by the way ur 929 lookin faarkin sweet with those black 19's on it!!! i even kinda like it with the huge dubs too. its inspired me to try and fit a set of dished 18's or 19's on my car now... one day.

james.

·
Registered
932 Posts
may have a problem with the fronts, the back you will be fine though.

mmmmmm VIP Crowns :clap:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
So your only running staggered height and not width ? Depending on the drop, I think you will have to play around with camber to get them under the fenders properly. If you dont fix the front camber it will look weird. Im pretty sure those would clear the front suspension components but they will "poke" out out quiet a bit more than say if u compared it to my set up. Use this a guide but dont depend on it - http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

That chart says the wheels will extend 52mm in the front & 34mm rear more than my current wheel specs. If you go low then your rolling fenders. If you dont mess with the ride height enough, then these wheel sizes will look odd. What do you consider a stretch on a 9.5" rim ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
i really don't know about those crowns.... i really do not like the roof line, looks odd and out of sync with the rest of the body
[/b]
I don't mean to knock them either, but yeah, the nose looks thick and the tail looks thin, eh?

·
Registered
130 Posts
So your only running staggered height and not width ? Depending on the drop, I think you will have to play around with camber to get them under the fenders properly. If you dont fix the front camber it will look weird. Im pretty sure those would clear the front suspension components but they will "poke" out out quiet a bit more than say if u compared it to my set up. Use this a guide but dont depend on it - http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

That chart says the wheels will extend 52mm in the front & 34mm rear more than my current wheel specs. If you go low then your rolling fenders. If you dont mess with the ride height enough, then these wheel sizes will look odd. What do you consider a stretch on a 9.5" rim ?
[/b]
well i'd def lower it, and i've been playing with the idea of welding FC strut tower tops in the 929 so i can use the FC camber plates that come with the coilovers...as far as how low..def tucking tire. stretch..i think i could prob get away with a 235.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sounds like youve been paying attention to my propaganda.

A 225 could easily work as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi 929 fans, steve here with the 1jz 929. Plans to do another project that also ties in with the fact that i need a work ute are forcing me to sell my pride and joy. If anyone's interested please ring my mobile so I can give full details of my car. Recent upgrades include: Series VI RX7 rotors and calipers, nitrous, 2jz custom billet alloy plenum, 80mm billet alloy throttle body, billet alloy fuel rail, 1000cc injectors, brand new G4 coil overs, the list goes on. I'm asking $25000 for the car registered and roadworthy. Pictures of the car are in this thread.

Steve :byebye:
Mob: 0407 672 023
Brisbane/Gold Coast

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi 929 fans, steve here with the 1jz 929. Plans to do another project that also ties in with the fact that i need a work ute are forcing me to sell my pride and joy. If anyone's interested please ring my mobile so I can give full details of my car. Recent upgrades include: Series VI RX7 rotors and calipers, nitrous, 2jz custom billet alloy plenum, 80mm billet alloy throttle body, billet alloy fuel rail, 1000cc injectors, brand new G4 coil overs, the list goes on. I'm asking $25000 for the car registered and roadworthy. Pictures of the car are in this thread.

Steve :byebye:
Mob: 0407 672 023
Brisbane/Gold Coast[/b]
Hey Steve, myself and other forum members would appreciate it you could post some details and pics of the brake upgrade before you sell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will take some pics of the brakes as soon as i have a second, though they will only be of the brakes on the car and i will try to get as good a picture of them from behind as i can. The brakes work excellent. The car pulls up very well though i do have performance pads on so they do not work optimally untill they warm up a bit after a couple of applications, then they work really well. i would recomend if anyone else was going to do the conversion that they possibly use a softer pad.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts