Mazda World Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi 1jz, just wondering where the original shifter ended up in the car did you have to cut a new hole? and you have obviously removed the ABS to fit in the turbo and external wastegate, i was just wondering if i were to keep the original turbo position and internal wastegate, how easily does the engine fit? Thanks.
Oh, and how do the rx7 struts fit down the bottom? Am i able to use the original calipers and discs etc?
Would fitting a 2jz be any more difficult then the 1jz?
Sorry bout so many questions, its just good to find someone who cares more about the car then just what wheels are on it.
Cheers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
its just good to find someone who cares more about the car then just what wheels are on it.[/b]
amen to that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi 1jz, just wondering where the original shifter ended up in the car did you have to cut a new hole? and you have obviously removed the ABS to fit in the turbo and external wastegate, i was just wondering if i were to keep the original turbo position and internal wastegate, how easily does the engine fit? Thanks.
Oh, and how do the rx7 struts fit down the bottom? Am i able to use the original calipers and discs etc?
Would fitting a 2jz be any more difficult then the 1jz?
Sorry bout so many questions, its just good to find someone who cares more about the car then just what wheels are on it.
Cheers.[/b]
The original shifter does not move you just modify the selector arm to suit the selector on the new gearbox to the original arm off the standard shifter under the car.
I did not have ABS.
I would say that the standard turbos and setup would all fit the mazda bay.
The engine goes in easier than the v6 came out.
Rx7 struts fit at the bottom, front and rear.
Why not just buy my car for $20,000 and save the hassle because you will not be able to build what i have alredy done for less.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks for the info. Id love to buy ur car but i can do all the work myself (including family) so itll work out cheaper that way. Have u taken it down the quarter yet? Love to know what you pulled out of such a hefty car.

·
Registered
709 Posts
By the way, you going to powercruise on the weekend (23rd june 07)? cause it would be good to have a chat.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the info. Id love to buy ur car but i can do all the work myself (including family) so itll work out cheaper that way. Have u taken it down the quarter yet? Love to know what you pulled out of such a hefty car.[/b]

i think what he means is you wont be able to build it for under 20k doing the work yourself. And honestly i think he is right. That car has well worth the parts to add up to that ammount. And i stress the parts alone, remember this guy is a fabricator so he built a lot of parts that you cannot buy and will cost you a LOT of money to have made.

Good luck selling it someone is going to be a happy camper.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I wish I was the happy camper :drool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man although this thread is ages old, I dont know how I missed it.

Does the owner still frequent the site? If so, you think we can get some measurements on those tophats and camber plates? I plan to fit some suspension to my car very soon, and measurements that fit forsure will help out alot.

Car looks great by the way.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts