Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all hello. im a new member and was wondering if someone could help. i recently tried on some 20s but they wouldnt fit right. ive seen other millenias with 20s and wonder how they fit. can someone help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
is your car lowered? I have seen 2 millenia's w/ 20's but they were not lowered. I don't think you could lower the car w/ 20's w/out some serious rubbing going on. you are better off w/ 19's or even better 18's... I think Mil's look better lowered on 18's than jacked up on 20's... but whatever floats your boat. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by extermin8r@Sep 3 2002, 12:20 AM
is your car lowered? I have seen 2 millenia's w/ 20's but they were not lowered. I don't think you could lower the car w/ 20's w/out some serious rubbing going on. you are better off w/ 19's or even better 18's... I think Mil's look better lowered on 18's than jacked up on 20's... but whatever floats your boat. :)
Ditto to that. I got 18s on my car, and I wouldn't WANT any bigger. Destroyed 1 rim already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
I was actually thinking about getting 19's and lowering the car with either Eibach or H&R's. I hate fender gap and thought that 19's and lowered would look great but it seems as though the ride might be a bit harsh. Plus I live in Jersey(HOME OF POT HOLES). So would 18's and lowered with the H&R's(Eibach do not lower as much as H&R's) be a better investment all around? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



Last edited by SPOO at Sep 3 2002, 09:13 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by SPOO@Sep 3 2002, 07:35 AM
I was actually thinking about getting 19's and lowering the car with either Eibach or H&R's. I hate fender gap and thought that 19's and lowered would look great but it seems as though the ride might be a bit harsh. Plus I live in Jersey(HOME OF POT HOLES). So would 18's and lowered with the H&R's(Eibach do not lower as much as H&R's) be a better investment all around? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
That would be what I'd do. I'd go with the Eibach's though, it's a near flushmount to the car then, and you won't scrape.

I live in Jersey too, that's why I'm sorry I went with the 18s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by SPOO@Sep 3 2002, 02:06 PM
How much fender gap do you currently have on your Millenia? Is it a comfortable ride?
About an inch, but I don't have springs either :)

If you get the Eibach's, they will be flush.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
hey what's up? I have 20 inch rims on my milly and it is lowered with eibach springs. i rubbed with out the springs and rubbed even more when i lowered it, but all i had to do was do a minor fender flare of only .5 inches if you have any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected] .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
i live in jersey also. im gettin 19's and eventually a drop. jersey meet anyone?? lets meet up somewhere and discuss this shit and others in person. not to many mills around so lets do it. im central jersey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Whats up everyone - I am new to this group but find everything to be pretty cool. I own a 98 Mill S. White Mica Pearl w/Peanut Butter Leather and dark brown dash. I have a system (which i am about to change up a bit) screens and tint. The only thing I dont have is "Rims". I want to put 20's on there and showoff but not too sure how they fit. Can anyone contact me to give me some insight on what I might go through by putting Dubs on. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by dee@Sep 2 2002, 05:58 PM
first of all hello. im a new member and was wondering if someone could help. i recently tried on some 20s but they wouldnt fit right. ive seen other millenias with 20s and wonder how they fit. can someone help.
Most full size sedan can accomodate 20's with relative ease. It is imperative that you get the correct wheel offsett and do not get the maximum wheel width. You will/may experience rubbing during sharp turns or when you have a heavy weight load in your car. One way to minimize inner rubbing is rolling your interior fender linning. But make sure this is done correctly or you'll damage the exterior fender and make make your paint crack!

Also, keep in mind that your OEM brakes will not be able to stop your car as effectively when rolling on Dubz! Sheet 18" are bad enough on factory brakes! Therefore, brake wear will be slightly more rapid.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top