Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I killed my Milly today on the way to work. Sounds like a rod or something like that. Regardless I won't be fixing it. Ran good until that happened had 2 codes 1250 and 1524. 169000 miles let me know if you need something from it. I am located in Minnesota about 30 minutes north of
St. Paul.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Are you sure it is not just the timing belt tensioner? These engines are NOT known for internal issues, unless you ran it without oil. I would double check your diagnosis. Many have thought that when the tensioner goes it is something major like that when it is simple like the tensioner. Have read it MANY times.
TomK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be the first to admit I don't know these cars very well. The knock is quite loud shakes the car at idle the oil light remains on. I purchased the car from a guy who let his teenage son drive it so who knows how low it was ran on oil. I noticed the oil light flickering at idle in gear last week i checked the oil and it was a 1/2 quart low and fairly clean. I added a half quart and now after this issue it is very dark. The previous owner also had the timing belt replaced around 130k miles I don't know if they did the tensioner at that time or not. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is black with a grey interior no major rips or tears. Some light wear on the drivers seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts