Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 B2300 160,000 miles, I changed the spark plugs drove 2 blocks it ran fine then it started running rough and smoking. I then replaced the plug wires but still runs like crap. Wires are not crossed as it ran smooth for 2 blocks, now when it does start it barely runs, any ideas?

·
Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
25 Posts
Some people wash their cars and insist they run so much better. Its a mystery. the same applies to new spark plugs. if the plugs werent the problem it will seem like you made a big improvement, but you didnt really FIX the problem.
I find that the fuel filter holds a lot of nasty ugly secrets, especially MAZDA filters. I'm not very familiar with the 2300. But I know the 2000 and 2200. and the fuel filter is always my favorite first fix when she starts to run like crap.
Once you get the crap out of the line from the tank to the engine you'll be surprised how much better it will run.
if possible drain the line.
Bobmo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people wash their cars and insist they run so much better. Its a mystery. the same applies to new spark plugs. if the plugs werent the problem it will seem like you made a big improvement, but you didnt really FIX the problem.
I find that the fuel filter holds a lot of nasty ugly secrets, especially MAZDA filters. I'm not very familiar with the 2300. But I know the 2000 and 2200. and the fuel filter is always my favorite first fix when she starts to run like crap.
Once you get the crap out of the line from the tank to the engine you'll be surprised how much better it will run.
if possible drain the line.
Bobmo
Changed the fuel filter, it didn't change anything. When I google the firing order it shows two ignition coils with different firing orders?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt realize you were injected. My bad.
I've been bit by those before also.
How did you zero in on that one?
Bobmo
I kept googling the symptoms until I read about the sensor issue. My MPG has dropped a little bit the last three fill ups, they said that was common with the air mass senso so I replaced it and got lucky.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts