Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 06 Mazda 6 and the driver side window will not roll down. The other windows work fine with either the driver controls or independent controls. Iv tried replacing the fuses but it did not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue, rear driver window stopped working. Would not go up or down, other 3 windows were ok. Now the driver window does not operate but rear driver window works again. Checked all fuses and tried the window reset. Wiring is ok also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Window now working. I went through the Mazda 6 window reset and it worked. Only difference for me was the following.

Turned on ignition (Do not start car)
Within a few seconds hold down button on drivers window (one that doesn't work) held it down for approx 20 seconds (window did not move). Held the button up until I heard a click (approx 13 seconds later).

Move onto passenger door (use the window button on the passenger door). opened window fully (held button down for additional 5 seconds). Closed window and held up the window button up until I heard a click (approx 13 seconds later).

Move onto passenger rear door (use the window button on the door). opened window fully (held button down for additional 5 seconds). Closed window and held up the window button up until I heard a click (approx 13 seconds later).

Move onto driver side rear door (use the window button on the door). opened window fully (held button down for additional 5 seconds). Closed window and held up the window button up until I heard a click (approx 13 seconds later).

After that the driver window operated normally.
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue but with the front passenger window on my 2.0 litre diesel TS2- went through the motions, waited for the clicks and hey mazda.. all windows now work properly, try it you won't be disappointed !!!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both rear windows were stuck down in my 2004 Mazda 3 - they would only come up about 3" and go back down with switch operation, but no higher than 3" up. I thought it was incredibly odd that they both did it at the same time and figured there was no way both motors/switches went out the exact same time in the exact same way. Thanks to Google, I found your "click" fix. My fix didn't exactly follow the same methodology and seemed more random, but with a little patience, persistence, and a lot up up/clicking and down/clicking I was able to eventually get them to work properly. I'm unable to share my exact recipe for success, but the clicks and resets are there - just keep trying if you are experiencing the same window issues. I'm still perplexed as to why this happened or why a reset was necessary for the windows to function properly, but THANK YOU for sharing and saving my husband and I a lot of energy and funds!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I have a Mazda 6 Sport Kombi 2.0 CD. As I noticed the power window bottoms for the front driver side is not working.
All other power window bottoms have a red LED turned on which shows the electricity exists. But the LED for the front driver side is off which confirms no electricity to roll up or down. However, the adjacent bottoms for mirrors are working well. This brings a confusion to me whether the problem is for the electricity or the power window bottoms itself.

Could you please help me with the repair?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello

I have a Mazda 6 Sport Kombi 2.0 CD. As I noticed the power window bottoms for the front driver side is not working.
All other power window bottoms have a red LED turned on which shows the electricity exists. But the LED for the front driver side is off which confirms no electricity to roll up or down. However, the adjacent bottoms for mirrors are working well. This brings a confusion to me whether the problem is for the electricity or the power window bottoms itself.

Could you please help me with the repair?
It is possible the switch (button) itself is broken. The best way should be to take the door card off and remove the button wiring plug. You should be able to test if there is power to the switch in question and go from there. If there is no power to the switch it is most likely a break in the wire. I would look at the place where the wire moves the most for this, ( inside the door hinge for example).
Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts