Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first car and I’m confused about something and have no one to ask. When I turn my car on (not started) the oil sensor light is on. But when I start my car the light goes away. I checked the user manual and it said that means my oil pressure is bad however when I looked at the manual online it says the oil pressure is bad only if the light is on while driving. I’m not due for an oil change for another 1,000 miles and I checked the dipstick and it looked okay. I’m confused and hoping someone can help. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi this is my first car and I’m confused about something and have no one to ask. When I turn my car on (not started) the oil sensor light is on. But when I start my car the light goes away. I checked the user manual and it said that means my oil pressure is bad however when I looked at the manual online it says the oil pressure is bad only if the light is on while driving. I’m not due for an oil change for another 1,000 miles and I checked the dipstick and it looked okay. I’m confused and hoping someone can help. Thanks!
So normally when you turn the vehicle on without actually cranking the engine over you will see some lights on the dash, this is more so just a check for the vehicles computer to make sure In the event of an issue the light will activate. If the light isn’t on while the engine is running and there are no DTC’s stored than you should have nothing to worry about. It’s good to check the oil every 1,000-1,500 miles so if your still concerned I would just keep checking the oil and if you bring the car to a shop for the oil change, just ask if they could quickly scan for any DTC’s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts