Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had the battery replaced several times in past 18 months... battery is apparently being drained; 2 repair shops find no electrical system failure or drain, but I am not sure how they tested. I end up jumping the battery and resetting the TCS and ABS lights by turning the steering wheel as recommended in other posts. This works but basic problem still exists and battery will drain if not driven every few days. (I can peek at charge on the battery my Drone Mobile app which controls the Computstar remote starter, it has a battery charge indicator built in) New problem is now the ABS light and traction light stay on and I am unable to clear them. Since this seems to be slightly related to TCS/DCS, I also manipulated the TCS button on the left side of the CX7 dash and it does not activate the TCS OFF light on the instrument panel. I've driven it several times and feel no difference in braking noises or pedal travel or stopping distance but I am definitely not the most car savvy person. I do have a simple code reader and used Torque Lite to see if I had any codes. No codes come up. I am unsure what to do next other than take to a dealer and let them diagnose, however my fear is that this could be an issue that will take a long time to even diagnose and experience tells me this could be a crapshoot, long diagnostic times and bills and then costly repairs that may or may not take care of the root cause. If anyone has had these or similar issues with their CX7 (I have turbo Touring AWD model) I would appreciate the input. Tonight I drove the car for 1/2 hour. Battery was at 11.8V and goes up to 14V while driving. As soon as I stopped the battery went to 12.2 and is now at 11.8V. I have checked all interior lights and they are off. When I put a meter on the battery, it's showing 11.9V (my mobile app shows 11.8V).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts