Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently have an issue with my istop not functioning, Mazda service reported that the battery was low and needed replacing.
So like all good people I went to super cheap and bought a battery as recommended by Century batteries website.

So I replace the battery and guess what, the istop still not functioning, I recall last time I replaced the battery that within an hour the istop reset itself.

Now I am not convinced the battery is at fault, we’ll how can it be, it’s brand new.

So, my question is, if not the battery, what else could be causing this malfunction? The CMU?

I am very time poor so a trip to a Mazda service centre is extremely hard for me.

Thanks in advance.

Geoffy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have currently have an issue with my istop not functioning, Mazda service reported that the battery was low and needed replacing.
So like all good people I went to super cheap and bought a battery as recommended by Century batteries website.

So I replace the battery and guess what, the istop still not functioning, I recall last time I replaced the battery that within an hour the istop reset itself.

Now I am not convinced the battery is at fault, we’ll how can it be, it’s brand new.

So, my question is, if not the battery, what else could be causing this malfunction? The CMU?

I am very time poor so a trip to a Mazda service centre is extremely hard for me.

Thanks in advance.

Geoffy
Following battery replacement i-Stop needs to be reset. The following may help:-

Search google for "How to reset the i-stop system"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts