Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get the dealer to honor the warranty when they are stonewalling me with excuses?

I bought a Mazda 6 in late April 2017, noticed rust under the hood on the black frame panel near the grille, & also parts near the windshield. The car is almost at 34 months of the 36 month warranty. I took to the dealer service center. They are throwing all manner of lame excuses at me, saying I should have always kept the car in the garage, saying I didnt drive it enough with only 5200 miles, saying I failed to maintain it properly, saying I should have bought a protection package for under the hood. They should have used parts that won't rust! What can I do to get them to honor the warranty. They are claiming it was due to environmental factors. They are citing page 14 of the Warranty Information book where it says, “Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap, etc) salt, road hazards, hail, windstorm, lightning, floods and other natural disasters.” Specifically saying warranty denied due to “damages caused by the environment, car is not a good or appropriate maintenance.” It's not like tree sap fell on the paint or rust from rock chips. This is a protected area under the hood! Nowhere in the owner's manual does it say I am supposed to do something to the parts under the hood that rusted in terms of care or maintenance. I will NEVER buy a Mazda again.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts