Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased s 2019 CX-5, brand new. I'm about a month in, and I'm having a lot of weird electrical issues. The buttons on my steering wheel and climate control area aren't back-lit when it's dark and my headlights are on. I also wasn't able to brighten or dim my dash lights. Also recently had an issue where I was smelling a burning smell, and I believe there is some problem with wiring. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't find anything at all, so they sent me home. It's working as of right now, but I'm worried that there is a bigger issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may have had your headlight switch on ‘auto’ instead of ‘on.’ That would explain the lighting issue. New car coatings will burn off the engine/exhaust in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I discovered how to brighten the dashboard and the display in general. Theres a long stem to the left of the steering wheel, sticking out of the dashboard, its hard to see. If you turn it all the way to the right until it clicks, you will see everything brighten up. I had the same issue when i got my 2019 CX-5 back in August. Not sure about the burning smell, may be just the new car wearing in, I think I had something like that briefly. But all is well, and i love my turbo. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts