Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 CX5 with about 2k miles on it, never changed tires/had any issues. I was just checking my tire pressures testing a new pressure gauge and all four tires had about 27 PSI. The TPMS never came on to give me a warning. I tried looking in the guide but nothing. I called Mazda they said to bring it in and they have no idea why that would happen. Anyone here experience this/ have a recommendation before I waste my time on an appointment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The most likely cause of this is just a drop in the temperature. When the temperature begins to get colder the air density changes meaning the air pressure changes. Therefore your tires just lost pressure due to the cold air, now the tpms light didn't occur because the system didn't actually see a malfunction in the system between the tires or the sensors. It can recognize the outside air temp and being that ALL of the tires were low it didn't think there was a problem. Now if only 1 tire was that low and you began to drive on it it would most likely cause the light to come on. Again though this will probably only occur in a climate where there are frequent temperature changes, like the US northeast currently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never had my TPMS come on. BUT.. it would be nice to know WHICH tire is low and how many lbs. of pressure is in EACH tire. GM does it as an OEM feature, why not MAZDA?
Eric B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 CX5 with about 2k miles on it, never changed tires/had any issues. I was just checking my tire pressures testing a new pressure gauge and all four tires had about 27 PSI. The TPMS never came on to give me a warning. I tried looking in the guide but nothing. I called Mazda they said to bring it in and they have no idea why that would happen. Anyone here experience this/ have a recommendation before I waste my time on an appointment.
Tire pressure is closely related to the weather. The tire pressure range is marked in the user manual, and the tire pressure range label is also affixed to the body b-pillar. As long as the tire pressure is within the range when the car is cold. The tire pressure is appropriately low in summer and high in winter. The tire pressure will increase if it is too hot. If it is too hot, put it a little bit. You can put the valve core on the nail. But if the TPMS did not warn you, it is better to check the car. I used to drive Mitsubishi triton.It did good in every aspect excpet for the tires. This is some experience I have accumulated, I hope it will be useful to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rob, I have the exact same issue. 2020 CX5. Technicians said my tires were low at 28 PSI. Have had for 6 months. The TPMS light has never come on. Trollz has an interesting theory, but it seems odd that I wouldn't be notified of a more than 20% drop (was initially at 36 PSI) in pressure, regardless of weather and/or if all of the tires were basically the same pressure. Following that logic, if the pressure dropped even lower but were consistent across all tires -- the light still wouldn't come on? I live in the south and there really haven't been major changes in temperatures.

Rob, what did they tell you when you took the car in, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts