Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CX-5 Grand Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2019 Grand Touring that is nearing the end of the lease. I just put a purchase deposit down on a 2022 S Preferred after sitting in one at my local dealer. They definitely made changes to those seats. The seats in my 2019 are pretty hard and don't hold me as well as I would like (sway in turns). I wouldn't call them bad or terrible, they are just adequate. It was no contest with the 2022. Noticeably more padding. If my 2019 was a 5/10 in seat comfort I'd give the 2022 an 8. I asked my dealer if he knew for a fact they were changed and he said he hadn't heard anything then I googled it while he was putting together paperwork. Mazda did put out a press release saying "Complementing the elegant design, the driving dynamics and ride quality of the 2022 CX-5 have evolved with updates to the seats, body, and suspension that were introduced in Mazda's recent vehicles. The seats are redesigned to help provide the driver and the vehicle's occupants with greater stability to help create a natural and comfortable experience." Source: 2022 CX-5 Press Release

Aside from the meh with the seats, I love my 2019. I tried out the CRV, RAV, Terrain, Forester and just had to go straight back to the CX-5 this time purchase instead of lease. It is supposed to arrive in about 3 weeks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts