Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a couple of months driving not smoothly, stuttering engine, which i thought was because of bad weather. But it als was also happening while it was dry and sunny weather. Today the engine will not start anymore, fell silent while driving. When i try to start the engine the starter motor is running as alwayas, but nothing more. All fuses are okay. I am thinking of the fuel pomp, is this one located under the back seat? What can i check or what do i have to do first?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The fuel pump in my 87 323 is fitted to the top of the fuel tank which you get to under the rear seat. This is dangerous stuff! Make sure the power is getting to the pump before you take it out. You may be able to hear it running and I would also check for flow at the filter under the bonnet before taking the pump out.
In fact, check everything other than the pump it is usually the simple stuff that goes wrong and not the complex!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe you can jumper the green connector under the hood on pass side of firewall. My 1994 Mercury Capri is based on the Mazda 323 chassis so your car is basically the same thing right down to the drive train. Numbering that connector KOEO with let you know if the fuel pump is functioning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts