Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a new awd so last fall I started test driving vehicles. I drove the diesel when it came out in the fall of 2019 but the price and lower hp made be look elsewhere. Jump ahead to the summer of 2020 and I've ended up back to Mazda again. I settled on a 2020 cx-5 turbo gas. On my way home I get a text from the salesman who says if I'm still interested in the 2019 diesel his manager would take $10K off the price. Decision has now gotten more difficult as I weigh one against the other. The big issue is the engine difference. I pull a trailer at times so the extra towing capacity of the diesel is plus. The extra passing power of the turbo is also a plus but when driving the diesel I could pass vehicles no problem (passed one going up a hill that was traveling 115kph). Had the diesel home for a 48 hrs to try out and for the 230 km I drove (highway and in town) my avg fuel economy was 6.8 L/100 km. That's lower than listed but I kind of nursed it out by driving without a heavy foot. Back to the question for the forum....is the diesel more attractive now that the price has dropped or stay with the gas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts