Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:!:
:idea: If you are at your 60K tune up for your millenia S you will need to save some money. It will run you about 8 to 1000 dollars to get that done.
Normal maintence$380.00+tax
fuel injection flush$129.00+tax
coolent flush $ 69.00+tax
trany fluid change$110.00+tax
The labor will kill you.:twisted:
the devil will get ya!

For base model's PLEASE look out for your fuel and oil pumps. if you do not get your regular check ups and get what is recommended for your 60 to 75K mile tune up then you will be facing some BIG BIG problems.
SO TAKE CARE OF THOSE MILLENIA'S OUTTHERE!!!!!

Kendall

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
That's why I never get maintenence done at the dealer :)

I got a great mechanic, who I bring my car into every few months, he looks it over and does what needs to be done.. all very cheap :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
unfortunately for me, where i live a lot of people are hesistant to work on the s model, one of my boys works at the mazda dealership and he told me straight up, "you bought a rich man's car", the prices for parts on the s are twice as high in comparison to the base models, yeah the power is great, but is it really worth it in the long run, something to ponder, all that extra money you put out to fix the car, you could kit it up and have it sittin on 20" blingy things.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Originally posted by '99 Milly-S@Aug 31 2002, 08:29 PM
i just hit 60k on my '99 S, is that all i need to do?
Change all the fluids in your car, replace plugs... I wouldn't really bother after that.

I never had the 60k check done and my car runs great at 73k now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would get the trans and coolant flush. You do not have to go to a dealer for that, I got my trans flush for 80 bucks and for the rest. The gas we burn today has all the detergents in it to keep your injection system clean. And I thought todays plugs and wires are design to last past 100,000 miles and I could be wrong about the plugs

·
Registered
903 Posts
I guess at least on the base models, the valve cover gaskets are known to go out fairly early. I had to get some work done on my milly, and they said they checked the plugs and there was an inch or two of oil in each one of the chambers. When I bought the car it had new wires, I guess the dealership didn't solve the problem. It was an expensive fix, but the mechanic told me this is real common for the car. Just something to keep a heads up about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got my 60k done on a 2000 Millenia S Millenium edition. Cost me $1100 and included timing belt, spark plugs, tranny service & coolant service. I was expecting the cost as the salesperson was upfront with me at purchase and told to expect the high cost when i purchased it new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts