1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
why does that review date december 2002?? just curious

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ummm - what is that about the 6 with a Duratec V6 in it ???

Mazda here in Australia say that there is NO 6 cylinder available... not fair ! not fair !

Can anyone elighten me on this ?

I must get the girlfriend to buy a V6 one... that will be MUCH better than a Tribute !

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I'd push for the four-cylinder anyway. The V6 sounds pretty good, but it's still a Ford motor - and the Duratec has some known reliability problems. Check out www.contour.org for proof (look in the FAQ section).

The four, of course, is a 2.0-liter twin-cammer with 170hp - which is just as strong as the old 2.5 V6 was, but it's a lighter and (probably) faster powerplant. I'm pretty sure the 6i will whip the pants off any Accord or Camry four-banger, though the 180-hp Altima SL will probably give it a good fight.

And any Mazda6 will undoubtedly be more fun to drive than the Tribute...

Duncan ;D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by Duncan@Nov 19 2002, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the 6i will whip the pants off any Accord or Camry four-banger, though the 180-hp Altima SL will probably give it a good fight.

And any Mazda6 will undoubtedly be more fun to drive than the Tribute...

Duncan ;D
cant argue with you on either point... it will be faster than the 4cylinders and more fun to drive...

just a tip/comment/suggestion for the admin:

Shayaan: why dont u post a poll type of thing for how much other mazda forum users are payin for the 6 so u have some comparison and u can at least try to get the best deal (edmunds is okay but considering i got my car for 1800 less than the TMV , dont know how much i trust it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts