Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 80 amp fuse keeps blowing
I have no power whatsoever, no lights, no crank, nothing.
I bought a new battery and still nothing. Someone broke into my 1992 NA Miata and stole the radio. Could that be an issue ? Also the body ground connection by the battery in the trunk is missing. How would i connect a new body wire ground to my battery ? Could anyone help me out with all the ground connections in the car ? I tried reading the wiring diagram but i cant figure out how to use it whatsoever. Thanks yall
Much love

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 80 amp fuse keeps blowing
I have no power whatsoever, no lights, no crank, nothing.
I bought a new battery and still nothing. Someone broke into my 1992 NA Miata and stole the radio. Could that be an issue ? Also the body ground connection by the battery in the trunk is missing. How would i connect a new body wire ground to my battery ? Could anyone help me out with all the ground connections in the car ? I tried reading the wiring diagram but i cant figure out how to use it whatsoever. Thanks yall
Much love
I also bought 2 new 80A fuses and they all blow when i connect the battery. I dont wanna keep wasting money buying fuses until i troubleshoot everything possible. Thanks yall

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ground side of the battery will no blow a fuse directly. Starting at the battery positive terminal look for a short. The 80A fuse is the last line of defense between the battery and the power distribution box. I would also take a close look for critter damage to insulation beyond the fuse box (mice chipmonks squirrels etc). Disconnect the large wire going to the alternator just in case there is a internal short. Some cars backed then used a soy based wire insulation which some critters loved to eat. I suspect it will be a simple fix once found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts