Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a Weber 32/36. Hoping to never look back at the mess the stock carb is. I am feeling fairly confident about installing it. The only thing I am unsure about is what I need to do with the exhaust manifold/header. Ive read really mixed reviews about installing a pacesetter header.

I have seen people just cap off the three tubes that go from the stock air cleaner to the exhaust manifold. Is this a viable solution?

I am new to much of this so forgive me if I am not understanding how things work. Any input/guidance would be greatly appreciated. I can post some pictures of under the hood if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I added my Redline Weber, I removed the three tubes on my 1988 B2200, made a block off for the two that attach near the exhaust. Word on the street is that Pacesetter won't do much.

Did you check/sand flat on glass the surfaces of all the Weber adapters? And use Permatex Aviation (not RTV) sealer? And torque correctly? Well-known vacuum leak site.

·
Registered
1992 Mazda, B2200 ext cab
5 Posts
When I added my Redline Weber, I removed the three tubes on my 1988 B2200, made a block off for the two that attach near the exhaust. Word on the street is that Pacesetter won't do much.

Did you check/sand flat on glass the surfaces of all the Weber adapters? And use Permatex Aviation (not RTV) sealer? And torque correctly? Well-known vacuum leak site.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i dont have conversation privilege's yet
Hey Cussboy!
This is Bobmo from Mazda truckin.
I finally gave hope that somehow she would come back to life and all the links to important stuff would return.
Hope your doing well and glad to see your still spreading the mazda wealth of Knowledge.
In my past I was interested in the weber 32/36 conversion but since it wasnt broke I didnt fix it.
Well I need to fix it, and none of my helpful links work.
I remember all the tips on lapping the adapter plate, but I need to know the best place to buy a legitimate Redline.
I remember lots of discussion about different countries making them etc.
Can you help me please.
Thanks, Bobmo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts