Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in Idaho, was gifted with a remarkably clean 2200 lot's of mile 191000 but runs really well. Concerned about the coming cold weather and thought I might put a block heater to help the old girl in the weather. Suggestions and thoughts? First, where might I purchase this heater and perhaps personal experience in this endeavor? Also am looking for interior parts, ash tray center console..maybe replace the bench seat with buckets .. bed cover etc. Thanks in advance!

Brian

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
i wouldnt get a block heater. it can crystallize the coolant. look for a whole system heater. it connects to the coolant hoses, and it circulates warm coolant by pumping it thru the system. this way, the entire cooling system is warm. when you start the car on a cold morning, you get instant heat, and the engine is evenly warm, so initial warm up is short. amazon has some in the 50 buck range, about the same as a block heater. and dont forget a battery warmer, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'm assuming that is the one that's inline on the radiator hose? Batt warmer also? why not...Thanks again..

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts