Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Ive got a 91 2600i that had the valve break off and mess things up, killed the truck.

Got the head off and fortunately the piston looks okay, some dents in it but no cracks or holes…

Looks like I can replace the head and be on the road… BUT. Ive had a hell of a time finding another head, as in, there are none and a ‘mazda guy’ I know said “good luck”

Cant rebuild the current head as it seems to take the brunt of the damage rather than the piston, its pretty trashed and I found the the PO did a tune up with a fucking impact or something as 2 of the spark plugs were severely cross threaded… the things a mess,

SO what do you all think? Is it really a lost cause trying to get a replacement head for this other than calling the junk yards weekly?

ALSO I have read about a Kia engine swap, but I have only seen guys do it on different trucks… NOT the 2600i nor do it on a 4x4. Anyone know whats up with that?

Any other engine swaps possibly with these without massive amounts of fabrication needed?

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Well, don't want to sound like a jerk but you DID ask for opinions; it is a 1991, the engine is toast. Have you thought about getting a vehicle that is newer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not trying to save a daily driver here...

I was looking for a project to do with my son that we'd work on until he got his license. I bought the tryck not running, but also not knowing why... It was a gamble.

Its a sweet truck in excellent condition so it'll be worth it. Ive seen these in similar condition (but with new engine) and,a,bit of a lift go for almost 9000...

Basically, i wont sell for less than I paid and,if I cant get that, I'll wait it out until I can find a head... But a swap sounded cool and I know at least the 2wd b2000/2200 guys can drop the Kia engine in there.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Geez that truck is in great shape! I dunno if I would try to swap in an engine from another manufacturer, just find the same engine that is in running condition. I would look for one of those used car part places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts