Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 mazda b2600i that I've had for a few years now and have never had a problem with. One day driving down a hill it suddenly died on me, after getting it towed home I noticed the engine fuse was blown so naturally I replaced it and it will run for about 3 seconds then die again and the fuse keeps popping. I've replaced the fuel pump and the fuel pump relay and the same thing happens, put in a new engine fuse starts for 3 seconds then blows the fuse again. However when I unplug the relay and turn it over it will sputter for like 5 seconds then die and the fuse doesn't blow. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks! 馃憣馃憣馃憣

Registered
when I unplug the relay and turn it over it will sputter for like 5 seconds then die and the fuse doesn't blow. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks! 馃憣馃憣馃憣
When you unplug the fuel pump relay, no fuel gets pumped, your sputtering seems typical.

OK, to me, it sounds like you have isolated the issue to the fuel pump relay and/or the electric fuel pump, like one of those or their associated wiring is shorted to ground, blowing the fuse. I think I'd disconnect the fuel pump wires and see if the fuse blows, to isolate things.

And with your isolation of the issue, a good mechanic should be able to pinpoint and repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts