Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since I can no longer do write-ups because I don't have a 929, I have been doing some research on what shocks from another car will fit the 92-95 929. Tomorrow if it does not rain I will go back to the junk yard in order to test my hypothesis...
If the shocks from said car does fit the 929 at the junk yard then this will mean that you 92-95 929 guys can replace you shocks for $77 each brand new from discount auto...

I'll let you guys know... don't ask me what car/make the shocks are from :shifty:.if everything works out i'll let you guys know..

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hope the test goes well since too many things on this car are way too expensive.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keep your fingers crossed ...
I believe it will work but thats just my guess...
We will see tomorrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good work saint. And I don't even own a 929 of that vintage. Hope it works out. I cringe everytime I hear the price of those struts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by The_Saint@Jun 24 2005, 08:02 PM
keep your fingers crossed ...
I believe it will work but thats just my guess...
We will see tomorrow.
[snapback]281540[/snapback]​
We're all waiting with bad...er...I mean baited breath. Well except me, since I paid a gazillion dollars for dealership replacements. Timing is not a forte of mine.

Hats off to ya, Saint :clap: for looking out for the Nine community even in your post-Ninedom.

·
Registered
325 Posts
shocks can usually be regassed once, then they have to be thrown out.

regassing costs like $400 for 4 shocks, we had them done on my mums 929, but had to order 2 new ones as they had already been done.

Saint: thanks for doing it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've never heard of regassing shocks. Where in the world would get it done at? And how would they do it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Originally posted by Voice of reason@Jun 26 2005, 02:20 AM
I've never heard of regassing shocks. Where in the world would get it done at? And how would they do it?
[snapback]281841[/snapback]​
Brisbane Australia lol

Im not sure on the process, they just pull it apart and fix it :whistle:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't forget about you guys ....
the testing is still going on ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah what HONDO said. I'm tired riding on these busted ass shocks!!!!!!! WE ARE BEHIND U SAINT.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm heading back to the junk yard this weekend and hopefully i'l have good news...

The problem i'm running into is the curb weight of the 929.. it is very hard to find cars that have and similar shock setup and also are within the curb weight abd ride hide of the 929.. If I had my 929 this would have been easier to do :(. but I think i will have some good news soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by coolioboy@Jun 29 2005, 09:55 PM
The saint should get his 929 back im sure he must miss it.
[snapback]283074[/snapback]​
He does, but he's denying his inner child that desparately wants to be back in the 929 saddle.
:D Unfortunately he came down with a case of common sense. The cure will have 150,000 miles and need a boatload of work. (w00t)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts