Mazda World Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
NEVER try that at home. changing struts without the proper tools are DANGEROUS. one time we changed struts in our yard. we tied rope around the spring and pulled it tight :stupid:, while my uncle sat on the spring and unbolted the strut mount. long story short, the rope snapped. spring went boing and my uncle broke an arm and a nose.

·
Registered
626 Posts
DAMMMMMMMMMMMM whoa thats had to be a site
No but I had a spring compresser and stuff the hard part was trying to get the dang lower blot on man I had to stand on teh wheel stud's and hold my pry bar to move the shock to the right position

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There,
Sorry to bump old thread, I'm chasing down rear shocks / strut for my 91 hd 929
Very hard to come by in australia, I haven't even bothered going to the dealer coz i know they'll charge like $600+
I have found a place that will rebuild them for $440AU
but I thought i'd invesitgate the method posted here:
Q:
Has anyone in australia / tried this, What model shocks did you use?
Also anyone know a place in melbourne that will do the fabrication work?
thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck

Hi guys,

I know this thread has died just checking if anyone anywhere has had any luck with the rear shocks. I have a 1993 929. I really like this car but the rear shocks have to be replaced and its just too expensive for me to go with OEM parts :(

Thinking of going with the 'weld' solution in this thread but still hoping some alternative cheaper part fits. What about this one: 1993 MAZDA 929 3.0L V6 Suspension : Shock Absorber Auto Parts

61 - 65 of 65 Posts