Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 model 929 with a very sick gearbox, does anyone know of any transmission place who would work on these boxes in the Brisbane or Toowoomba area? KB

·
Registered
5 Posts
A Yank from Florida, I suggest you rebuild it yourself. Rock Auto.com has an appropriate kit for $ 300.00 USD- has all you need. And I rebuilt one already years ago, worked perfectly.
As in America, compentent mechanics are rare; the 4A-EL3 tranmission is very serviceable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Yank from Florida, I suggest you rebuild it yourself. Rock Auto.com has an appropriate kit for $ 300.00 USD- has all you need. And I rebuilt one already years ago, worked perfectly.
As in America, compentent mechanics are rare; the 4A-EL3 tranmission is very serviceable.
Hey thanks mate, today I found an auto transmission place in Warwick, the oil is full but smells burnt, they are going to have a look inside in a week or so. It appears that some 929s used a gearbox as fitted behind the 3litre Datsun engine as used in the Holden VL Commodore from 86, but mine looks different. I will have to wait to see what she looks like with the sump off. I will keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts