Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... i have blown 2 auto trany's in my millenia and i am tired of replacing them >.< i have a mx6 that i have gutted and it has a 2.5 just as my milli and i was wandering what it would take to do a 5 speed swap with the 5 speed from the mx6, i have heared that it is and isnt possible lol if there is another thread with all this info plz link for me... thnx

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have only seen this once and a few others have tried but ran into road blocks. I would try and get in contact with this person somehow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after 3 days of googleing and calling everyone i could possibly think of that could help me and diggin up every diagram i could get my hands on and then some more research and a lil more after that lol i have finally found some solid leads,going frward with the 2.5 kl auto to 5speed manual swap, if all goes well i will fill yall in on the steps i had to take to accomplish the feat at hand lol but to sum this up-my hope for a dream has been reborn >.<

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Good luck! I know it can be done. The only thing that stopped me was getting the proper OEM parts like clutch master cylinder, pedals, proper shift linkages....Those parts are not direct swap-overs from the Mx6/Mx3/probe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea custom fabed brake booster plunger, custom fabed cv shafts custom fabed tranny mounts custom fabbed pedals and linkage lol good thing im good at fabrication lol

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'd say once you are done and perfected, make a kit, but then again who even owns these cars anymore? Its a defunct 4 door sedan with a slim 6 banger that even with modest work can't even touch a modern 4 cylinder in power to weight ratio. :(

I still love the body lines and will probably drive it till the wheels fall off or can't find parts for it. At least its paid in full for!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
if i had a choice, i would convert to a tiptronic. no clutch pedal, no hydraulics. and since the millenia uses a separate tcm, the wiring should not be very difficult. maybe the mazda 6 block is the same as the millenia? then you could get a 6 spd. ooo, paddle shifters

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Tip... never thought I'd see that on a Millenia forum. :D

The Audi has one.. although I rather the old manual shift way. No so much fun.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
tiptronic is what i call the newer style transmissions. the mazda3 we have has it, move the shift lever over into the gate, then bump up or down to shift. however, the 3 has very good programming for shifting, both up and down. the transmission makes very good use of the narrow powerband the engine has. if this transmission was in the millenia, i dont think anyone would be wanting a manual transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have only seen this once and a few others have tried but ran into road blocks. I would try and get in contact with this person somehow.

I'd like some information on the parts you use and what all is involved. My name is bryan. I live in ohio. I have a very clean millinea s. Lots of performance parts on it plus nitrous. I just wanted a sleeper.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I find it so fascinating that you accomplish want other couldn't.

So.... i have blown 2 auto trany's in my millenia and i am tired of replacing them >.< i have a mx6 that i have gutted and it has a 2.5 just as my milli and i was wandering what it would take to do a 5 speed swap with the 5 speed from the mx6, i have heared that it is and isnt possible lol if there is another thread with all this info plz link for me... thnx
Let me know if I can help you if I have to I will come to you and take care of all expenses

1 - 13 of 13 Posts