Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unusual problem... I bought my 95 MX6 about a year ago and there was a bad ground connection in the rear lighting. when I fixed it, the transmission started kicking really hard from 1st to 2nd gear after about 2 or three days. (The problem can be easily overridden by shifting into 2nd to start then shift into drive.) When the short in the rear lighting came back about 3 months ago, the kicking stopped. But when I fixed the short again (for good this time) the kicking returned after 2 or three days again. I am convinced it is electrical and not in the transmission, but how do I check all the ground wires to find out where the problem originates? Is there a specific ground that can cause a problem like this?

My power windows are also acting up but that's probably something completely different...

Please help thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is an odd problem, but it could quite possibly be a dirty tranny filter/screen, being the screen that filters the fluid that drains into the pan, could be clogged up with misc. debree that flows through-out the valve bodies, after breaking off the walls of the inside of the tranny, and/or excess metal shavings... Order a new gasket, pull the trans pan off, and check out whats going on in there...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts