Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone, I got a wierd problem. My 1995 Millenia L climate control is cranky. Somedays it blows super duper cold air, somedays real hot. It doesn't seem to matter the temperature outside, or what I set it to on the CC. I am afraid the CC unit is busted, dealer will probably want me to take out a 2nd morgage to fix it. Anybody got any cheaper ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't seem to matter. Like this morning, its 65 deg outside, I havent even turned the CC on yet and its leting in this really hot air. Its like something is stuck the wrong way? :?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
are you saying this is with the A/C on? you could just need to get the freon or whatever it is refilled. My old car would never blow cold air even w/ A/C on cuz I had almost no freon. Kind of expensive to refill I think, and he told me not to use it if I had none, so I went without. get that checked first.

R

·
0 Posts
I am not really sure what this could be but I hope you dont still have this problem???

·
Registered
239 Posts
this is a climate control system, which means it is mixing heat and a/c. you might try activating the a/c by just pressing the blower speed switch, and not use the big round climate control switch. it looks like the way the mazda system works, is by the use of blende doors. a couple of little stepper motors control the doors opening and closing, so heat and a/c is always on, and the outlet temp is controlled by the amount the blende doors are open or closed. several things can be bad, most likely the main controller, or amplifier. sorry to say, that sucker lists for 563.10, and may be even more if the dealer is bumping list. also, one of the stepper motors could be bad, even the rods that control the doors, or the doors themselves. murphy's law says it will be the most expensive part. you can find them on ebay for about 50 bucks, i got one just for a spare. i hope it works.

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
Originally posted by milleniaS@Aug 28 2002, 04:10 PM
how does the automatic setting work. i always manually adjust the climate control.
ewwwww I frigging hate that... I always hit AUTO then A/C again to have it in ECON mode, and then set it at 72 or 76.. depending on my mood, its usually at like 74. i hate the way manual mode has the fan bars spaced

|| || ||

instead of

||||||

1 - 12 of 12 Posts