Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I haven't posted in a while, but I had a lot of shit that stressed me out, come up. So I decided to hang out with my old high school buddies to get my mind off things...I jump in my maxima, and my friend jumps into his 2003 Celica Gts and we start cruzen around town looking for races...

I ran into a GT mustang, beat it.... I raced a RSX and beat it...then my friends wanted to ride in my car so we pile 3 deep into the maxima...and were cruzen around some more...and i run into this civic, and he's talking mad shit...we race when the light turns green and he eats me off the line, i had problems getting going with 3 people in the car, i come back and only lose by a car before we hit the brakes, I scream out and ask what motor he had and he says a Type R motor..... !!!!

I was shocked! ..and the funny thing is later that night I raced an other civic and he happened to have a type R motor too... I thought those motors were rare!
With the 2nd kid in the civic i was able to race him off the go, we went from 35 mph, to 120 and the whole time we sat dead even and i was able to pull a little top end... it was a crzy night, but me and my friends are going to do that more offten..it was fun. and i cant get over the fact that my car ran with two civics with Integra type R motors, and I had 3 people in the car.... the civic and the integra weight about the same and the integra type R runs mid 14s stock...these guys had bolt ons....and i had 3 people in the car!! =)

I cant wait to do it again...hopfuly my boy will get to try out his new celica gts 6 speed since he couldn't that night, since it was not broken in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just be careful racing on the streets so nobody would get hurt.

Teenager critically hurt in car race
Boy was in Porsche that hit a parked RV in northwest Fresno.
By Michael Baker
The Fresno Bee
(Published Thursday, September 26, 2002, 9:37 AM)

A 16-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital with critical injuries after the car he was drag racing in crashed into a parked recreational vehicle Wednesday night in northwest Fresno.
"It was an explosion, full of dust and fire," said Mitchell Bazan, 15, of what he saw while walking his dog. "They started sliding to the right, and that's when they hit the RV."

The 16-year-old Fresno boy was the passenger in a Porsche driven by Yaser Ibrahim, 18, and was taken to University Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, said Fresno police Lt. Mike Brogdon.

Bazan said the boy in the Porsche had to be pulled from the car, a tube stuck down his throat and his chest pumped. Blood stained the curb where paramedics worked on the boy.

Ibrahim was also transported to UMC with complaints of pain, Brogdon said.

Ibrahim's Porsche remained at the scene with its back end, which struck the rear of the 27-foot recreational vehicle, collapsed into the front seat.

At about 8 p.m., Ibrahim was racing a white Honda Accord westbound around a gradual corner on Palo Alto Avenue near Brix Avenue when a Jeep Cherokee approached from the other direction, Brogdon said.

Bazan said he believed the cars were going about 80 mph. The posted limit is 35 mph.

Both the Honda, driven by an unidentified teenager, and Ibrahim tried to move out of the way, Brogdon said. Ibrahim lost control, spun and slammed into the Jamboree RV.

The Honda sped off, but was found about a block away and the driver interviewed, Brogdon said. Five others were detained for about an hour.

No one has been arrested, but such action is a strong possibility when the Major Accident Investigation Team completes its work, Brogdon said. If the 16-year-old dies, then the participants could face charges of vehicular manslaughter.

Residents of the neighborhood said drag racing is common along Palo Alto.

"I kept telling my husband this was going to happen," Kris Ursenbach said. "Four times this week I've called the Fresno PD."

Ursenbach, whose house is along the curve in Palo Alto Avenue, said she could hear the cars revving engines before they started to race.

"I was on the phone with police dispatch when it happened," she said. "I just knew it was going to happen. It's just so sad that it had to happen this way."

·
Registered
903 Posts
Johnstown man killed by drag race
By Brian D. Crecente, Rocky Mountain News
September 30, 2002

Drag-racing cars slammed head-on into another car in Weld County late Saturday, killing the driver and injuring his wife.

Gary Carlson, 40, of Johnstown, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash about 11:30 p.m. Saturday.

Carlson was driving his wife, Catherine Carlson, 38, home from work when the crash happened.

The Carlsons were eastbound on Weld County Road 54, about 12 miles west of Evans, in their 1987 Toyota Celica when it collided head-on with a 1999 Saturn driven by Jesse Moore, 21, of Loveland.

Colorado State Patrol investigators say Moore was driving west in the eastbound lanes of the road, racing a car driven by Jarrod Kiefat, 22, of Loveland, when the cars collided.

Investigators say speed and alcohol may be factors in the crash.

Catherine Carlson, Moore and Kiefat were transported to North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley. Carlson and Kiefat were released with minor injuries. Moore suffered a broken wrist and ankle.

No charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing.

[email protected] or (303)892-2811

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Shayaan@Oct 4 2002, 12:34 AM
I'm going to race you when I get my RX-8 so you can put another story up about how ya lost :p

hehe  :rolleyes:
No were did I, or Do i ever make clam to beatin eather one of thoes civics...they were fast

but get your rx8 soon, becuase by the 25th of this mouth, im going to have a 11/12 sec ride :shifty:

Last edited by MaxSpeedSE at Oct 4 2002, 02:23 PM

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats kwl, i bet you cant wait.. I know you live far away and we could never really race...but when you get it we can compair time slips and see who has braggin rights :rolleyes:

Hope everything turns out for you in may

good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI guys can i throw in another car not heard much over there ,my wife drives it every day, 2000 mod subaru wrx . IN stock trim it is a turbo 2ltr with constant 4 wheel drive runs 13sec flat 1/4 mile. You can drive it slow in a trafic jam with out any bother or put the foot down and hang ON :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
geez dont tell me stories about people gettin in wrecks during races, your scaring me, i dont wanna hear all that!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts