Mazda World Forum banner

Aluminum Wong.....Yes/No ? ? ?

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  626GrL 
#1 ·
Just wondering if its worth buying an aluminum wong. I mean i like them but then i dont know.............hmmmmmmm what do u all think? I have a 98 626.

#5 ·
no no no...do not get one, we have such a pretty car, no need to make it ugly. i think they will make a body kit for our car soon, they already have one for the jspec 626, you could always mold it on to ours, if you really want one, cuz that body kit is hot

#9 ·
I wouldn't get a body kit either. It's already such a great looking car. If it were me, I'd put my time, effort and money into engine and suspension but not an overly "riced-out" exhaust. The beauty of our cars is that they are fast, reliable and put up with a lot of abuse, but nobody ever suspects that beneath that humble sedan exterior beats the heart of a performer.

#10 ·
i found an aluminum wing that will look good on my 626. im going to paint it the color of my car and the top of the wing only sits about 6 inches off the trunk lid. i also think wings can be cheesey, but this one was simple and low to the trunk lid. ill see how it looks come this summer

#11 ·
Originally posted by thefork8@Feb 9 2004, 06:41 PM
...but nobody ever suspects that beneath that humble sedan exterior beats the heart of a performer.
Hell, yeah. Mine runs like the proverbial scalded jackalope, and handles about as well. :D

There is absolutely no need for a wing or a body kit...I'm thinking about getting a set of dropped springs and some rims, but that's about it for appearance mods.

#14 ·
hey im going to have to say no dont get it, i mean wings look cheap as they have said, and they look very Honda like..i mean every car i see with a big wing on the back is a POS that is slow, plus you gotta think, the wing actually adds wiegt to your car, and you dont want that

#16 ·
Alluminum wong...come on listen to the name, it doesent even sound attractive--the 626 has a sophisticated appeal to it, dont go and make it loook rice, that will take away the real beauty and then your car will be compared to the riced out honda civics with different color paint all over and an aluminum wong

#17 ·
BEST WING there is for the 98+ 626 is stock :thumbsup: I would try a stock Mx6 one too :thumbsup:

#18 ·
I have a 95 626 es.. dropped 1.6 ridin on 17X7 shoes.. and it is one of the best looking cars as far as 4 doors go.. It has a full exhaust, tinted windows.. all the audio you could want, Intake, p-chip.. sway bars. strut tower brace. Performance ignition.. and soon a KLZE
but enough...
I don't want a body kit. I might put on the rear just to give the back end a more dropped look, but as for the rest.. just more to ding up[ and where I drive, yes it is a fear..lol].. The 4 kits I have looked at for my car.. well.. don't do it for me.. I have seen a 96 body kit put on a 2000 so if you are wondering if it can be done, yes , yes it can.

As for a wing, they are allright, but go for something that is very low the best looking ones are the midwing that is maybe 0.5 inch off the trunk and doesn't hang over the ass end too much.

Short of the matter, Keep your car looking clean and you embarrass hondas .. one stoplight at a time.. :)

#19 ·
Originally posted by Roman383@Oct 16 2002, 07:59 PM
Just wondering if its worth buying an aluminum wong. I mean i like them but then i dont know.............hmmmmmmm what do u all think? I have a 98 626.
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK IS A WONG????

#20 ·
Originally posted by Roman383@Oct 16 2002, 07:59 PM
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK IS A WONG????

#21 ·
I have a 95 626 es.. dropped 1.6 ridin on 17X7 shoes.. and it is one of the best looking cars as far as 4 doors go.. It has a full exhaust, tinted windows.. all the audio you could want, Intake, p-chip.. sway bars. strut tower brace. Performance ignition.. and soon a KLZE
but enough...
I don't want a body kit. I might put on the rear just to give the back end a more dropped look, but as for the rest.. just more to ding up[ and where I drive, yes it is a fear..lol].. The 4 kits I have looked at for my car.. well.. don't do it for me.. I have seen a 96 body kit put on a 2000 so if you are wondering if it can be done, yes , yes it can.

As for a wing, they are allright, but go for something that is very low the best looking ones are the midwing that is maybe 0.5 inch off the trunk and doesn't hang over the ass end too much.

Short of the matter, Keep your car looking clean and you embarrass hondas .. one stoplight at a time..  :)
WTF is sway bars? There is only 1 upgrade able sway bar which is for the rear,WTF is a P-chip? Whos 626 has a 93--97 kit on a 00+? And Iam not sayin your car is not good looking since i nver saw it but dont try and give yoursefl a title already :rolleyes:

#22 ·
Originally posted by max626@Oct 6 2004, 08:58 PM
WTF is sway bars? There is only 1 upgrade able sway bar which is for the rear,WTF is a P-chip? Whos 626 has a 93--97 kit on a 00+? And Iam not sayin your car is not good looking since i nver saw it but dont try and give yoursefl a title already :rolleyes:
Your silly... Sway bars ? I.e the one in the front of your car, and the one in the back - there are stock ones, but you can get stiffer one's made - Which I had done. P-chip P is generally accepted shortform for " performance " chip i.e computer chip... Ie. What is your engine management system all that fun things, Fuel to air ratio's yadda yadda yadda...

Who's 626 - What does it matter ? and Chances are you wouldn't know the difference between Mike D's 626 and Brent M.'s 626 ..

Body kits for 2000 626 - look up the one from Bomex - AMAZING kit.

93-97 [slight front end mod for the 98 "milk mustache"] Zekon Body Kit

1998-02 Mazda 626 body kits - EREBUNI # 753

But you knew all that because you have done up a 626..

I need no title from you - remember that. but if your willing to give it, I might take you up on the offer. :magic:

Note the following car - year - and the body kit...

#23 ·
Humm can u name that car for me? Cuz I know for sure thats not your car. Do u know what brand it is? Show me these other 626s....the eurbuin kits for the 98 is just the Euro kit molded and trown together as a "Real" kit for the A-Spec 626.

So what company made your front sway bar? What size is it? ANd ya I knew there are 2 sway bars but u saying Sway bars as though there are front and rear ones to upgrade to. But it your case u have a Custom front one so we'll see.....

#24 ·
back to topic... i know this the appearence mod section so i guess that this wing, excuse me wOng is intended to look good, but i beg the right to point out that a piece of aluminum/plastic bolted to paperthin steel will not improve preformance (as far as the logical laws of physics are concerned) I would also like to add that in refenence to the aboe, a wong must be meant only to look like your car is faster than it is as well as implying that you have somehow heavily modified the trunk lid so that the spoiler is attached to the frame of the vehicle. Therefore, the addition of a wing (or wong) is rather in support of ricer motives. Now, should someone like to prove to me that the additional downforce provided by an aluminum wing to a paperthin sheet of steel adds at all to the preformance of the vehicle, then I shall conceede that it is a modification worthy of messing with the already attractive and refined look of the 626.

my $.02.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.