Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I notice SEVERAL YouTube videos comparing the top 2019 and 2020 CX-5 models (GT Reserve and Signature) with "upscale" compact SUVs and even sometimes winning. But you NEVER see a RAV4 or CRV compared with those expensive SUVs.
AND... Consumer Reports rates the CX-5 as "Much Better Than Average" (highest rating) while ALL the Land/Range Rovers are rated "Much Worse Than Average" (LOWEST rating). A prestige badge does not a quality SUV make!

Eric B.

·
Administrator
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice SEVERAL YouTube videos comparing the top 2019 and 2020 CX-5 models (GT Reserve and Signature) with "upscale" compact SUVs and even sometimes winning. But you NEVER see a RAV4 or CRV compared with those expensive SUVs.
AND... Consumer Reports rates the CX-5 as "Much Better Than Average" (highest rating) while ALL the Land/Range Rovers are rated "Much Worse Than Average" (LOWEST rating). A prestige badge does not a quality SUV make!

Eric B.
I have owned TWO brand new Foresters and my wife owned a brand new Outback. I mention those Subarus because they are very similar to the CX-5. I LOVE the CX-5, blows the Subarus away!

·
Registered
9 Posts
CJ,
FULL DISCLOSURE: I own a 2019 CX-5 GT Reserve 2.5 L. turbo, AWD. It is just so much fun to drive and so "upscale" inside and outside. Mine is the "Soul Red Crystal" that I call "Candy Apple Red", like the 50's hot rodders' beautifully deep and many layered color.

TIP: I have purchased many dress-up items for my CX-5 GTR from Ali Express because the fit and finish of these Chinese items is so good. There is a YouTube video on this by a British guy with a white CX-5. I have most of those items but not the wood panelling or foot lights. I really like the dual gas hood struts so I could get rid of that low rent hood prop. He even has a video on how to install them. Good, because no instructions come in the package.

Eric B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mazda CX-5 is also one of the safest SUVs on the market. Every มาสด้า CX-5 is standard with i-Activesense, Mazda’s suite of driver assistance features. The package includes radar cruise control with stop & go functions, advanced smart city brake support with pedestrian detection, smart brake support, lane-keeping assist, lane departure warning, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert.

·
Registered
9 Posts
deandea
When I went to my AAA insurance agent to change from my 2013 Prius v I had just sold to my 2019 MAZDA GT Reserve I asked how much more my yearly premium would be. She said, "It's one dollar more." I asked her again, thinking she had not heard me correctly and again she said "$1. sir." I asked why and she said it was because of the 5 star cash rating and the complete suite of safety sensors. AMAZING!

·
Administrator
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deandea
When I went to my AAA insurance agent to change from my 2013 Prius v I had just sold to my 2019 MAZDA GT Reserve I asked how much more my yearly premium would be. She said, "It's one dollar more." I asked her again, thinking she had not heard me correctly and again she said "$1. sir." I asked why and she said it was because of the 5 star cash rating and the complete suite of safety sensors. AMAZING!
Mine went up 13 dollars a year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ooooo! CJ, $13. whole dollars! Can you afford it? ;o)
I think the savings on CX-5 insurance helps cut the slightly higher cost of a more loaded CX-5.
The other day I was wondering if my MAZDA roof racks should help protect passengers in a roll-over. Can't hurt.

Eric B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts