Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Im Bill from brisbane australia, and i have just recently purchased a HC 929, with the 24 valve twin cam motor. I will put up some pics once i have learnt how. Anyways, who else here on this forum is from Australia? Lets make a list of the locals here with your location so we can develope an all aussie support network. What do we all think? Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello everybody! Im Bill from brisbane australia, and i have just recently purchased a HC 929, with the 24 valve twin cam motor. I will put up some pics once i have learnt how. Anyways, who else here on this forum is from Australia? Lets make a list of the locals here with your location so we can develope an all aussie support network. What do we all think? Thanks.
[/b]
There are quite a few Aussies on here who help each other out online, but I guess I might as well start it off :)

I'm from Sydney, and my 929 is a HC3S, the japanese-mkt version with the 13B Turbo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey babalouie. Thanks for replying. The idea i have is that a list of the aussie continguent is easily searchable in one place. Who else is there?

·
Registered
931 Posts
hi im Nick, im from Adelaide.

i have a 88 HC 929, Twin Cam JE conversion, 5 speed manual conversion, lowered etc etc. (check my threads)

happy to give help to those that need it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks nick. The more people we get register here, the easier it will be for us to get an australian network happening.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey my names Abdul from NSW's north coast. I have 1990 Mazda 929 V6I Hardtop. Its got the 3.0Litre DOHC V6 motor with 197,000kms on the clock. Its prestige silver in colour.

Hey does anyone know how to upload pictures from your computer? I wanted to put a picture of my HC 929 in my reply post thing, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey habib. I think you need to go into the full reply option to attach files. I think. Good to see you on this list.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey does anyone know how to upload pictures from your computer? I wanted to put a picture of my HC 929 in my reply post thing, lol.
[/b]
Best way for the long run is to go to www.photobucket.com and open yourself an account (it's free). Upload pics from your PC to your Photobucket account and whenever you need to post a pic in a forum thread, just copy the

·
Registered
849 Posts
hi im simon from sydney.

ive got 2 Luce

1990 HC3S royal classic with a factory 13b rotary turbo

1998 HCFS limited with v6 turbo

·
Registered
141 Posts
G'day all, Al here from the Central Coast been a while since I've visited. A 1989 HC Sedan is my pride and joy. Bought it 2nd hand with 148,000 Ks on the clock, a bit neglected mechanically, but not many Sedans were available when I was looking for one. I'm too tall for the Hardtop hence opting for the Sedan. I had an '84 Limited Edition Sedan prior to this and have always owned Mazdas, funnily enough starting with a '74 929 :)

There's info on what I've done to date on this car here if you're interested... CarDomain HC 929

Cheers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
hey mate, just been up the central coast for a while, i was staying in Gosford with my cousin, great place. but i hardly saw any rotors or 929's

·
Registered
141 Posts
:) Yea, you've gotta look hard for them, but there's a few around. I've seen one exactly the same as mine, atleast twelve months ago and haven't seen it again since, and about three later model HC sedans and a handful of hard tops. That's a good thing tho', makes 'em more exclusive :D

Cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to see more people registering here, the more people here, the better australian infrastructure we will have to help with each others local issues etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im adam and i live in brisbane too.

i have a 93 model HD 929 full show car aka MOBSTR, my daily is a 92 model HD 929 blue with grey cloth interior, lowered on 17's. My other daily is a R31 skyline.

my bro has a 92 model HD 929 burgandy with tan leather interior, lowered on 17's with a digital designs/alpine stereo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all, I'm chuk from Adelaide, just brought a silvery grey 1990 929, can't tell you anything more about it yet, will get some pix taken in a day or so and post them somewhere, average condition but everything works and damn is it smooth to drive, the previous owner says it has the quad cam v6 but seeing as I'm new to Mazda's I don't know jack about them. I did notice the engine check light came on tonight though, is this something to easily fault find? So far I'm very impressed!

·
Registered
258 Posts
hi its been a while since i have been able to post up on here. for those who dont know who i am, my name is james and i am from adelaide. i own a 1989 HC 929 hardtop. basic mods are it has been lowered all round and sittin on 18"x8.5" koya wheels. 2.5" cat back exhaust with vip style rear muffler, 20%window tint, complete alpine stereo system, boot lid has been completely debadged and boot lock shaved off and filled up. ooh and i got myself a really cool mazda bonnet mascot from japan for the neat little touch. the basic theme i have tried to give the car is a japanese mafia (hence the YAKUZA numberplates) kinda look as i think these cars have the gangster image written all over them

the car has been entered in a few shows now around adelaide but is in no way a full on show car, but it seems to always get a lot fo good attention from people not expecting to see a modified grandpa sunday drivers car.

cheers.
james.

·
Registered
931 Posts
hey james is yours a sohc or a dohc

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi all, I'm chuk from Adelaide, just brought a silvery grey 1990 929, can't tell you anything more about it yet, will get some pix taken in a day or so and post them somewhere, average condition but everything works and damn is it smooth to drive, the previous owner says it has the quad cam v6 but seeing as I'm new to Mazda's I don't know jack about them. I did notice the engine check light came on tonight though, is this something to easily fault find? So far I'm very impressed!
[/b]
check light means you have an ecu issue.

disconnect the earth terminal and put ya foot on the brake for about a minute.

this will kill any left over power in the system.

reconnect the earth lead and take the car for a spin.

if the light comes on again then you definetly have a problem with the ecu sensors some where.

you will need someone with a code checker to see whats wrong. since ya down adelaide way goto REVS.

they should be able to point you in the right direction

·
Registered
85 Posts
check light means you have an ecu issue.

disconnect the earth terminal and put ya foot on the brake for about a minute.

this will kill any left over power in the system.

reconnect the earth lead and take the car for a spin.

if the light comes on again then you definetly have a problem with the ecu sensors some where.

you will need someone with a code checker to see whats wrong. since ya down adelaide way goto REVS.

they should be able to point you in the right direction
[/b]
Thanks for that, I did the battery disconnect and I did find that a hose going to what I asume to be a charcole canister with "tank" on it was broken off, I've fixed that but haven't tested it yet, could i be this lucky? lolol

1 - 20 of 219 Posts