Mazda World Forum banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys,

Some peeps from OzMazdaClub are organising a South Australian cruise day on 20th September 11.00am at the Kurrulta Park K-mart car park, heading to a pub lunch down somewhere at Victor/Goolwa way.

The invitation is open to all people from all Mazda clubs, so I thought I'd post the link in here to try and boost the number of 929's going......

Click on the link for more info or to RSVP etc......

SA Adelaide Cruise - 20th September

·
Registered
931 Posts
me and my bro are keen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet, do you want me to add you two to the other website, or are you going to join and do it yourself?

Oh I intend to take plenty of pics, will post up afterwards

·
Registered
258 Posts
this sounds cool. if i have nothing on, on this weekend and some spare petrol money i might make the trip back home for it. no promises, but ill definately try. its been ages since my 9 has been on a proper cruise and for the first time i wouldnt be the only one there in a 929.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey all, sorry about the picture quality, but here is my mothers 929, daily driver of last 17 years.

Its an 1986 model station wagon, with the chrome door mirrors instead of the black plastic ones.
2.0Lt 4cyl Auto, air, power windows/mirrors etc. but strangely, no power steering from factory.
Its been a very reliable car, apart from wear and tear.
All we have done to it apart from regular servicing is, rebuilt the carburetor, new rear shocks, reconditioned brake master cylinder, thermostat, exhaust, new universal joint.

The car has done 176,000kms, and still doesn't use excess oil & water between services & runs very well.
We also added a alloy bullbar not longer our family purchased the car in 1992. As there are alot of kangaroos around the area.

Thats about it really, a bit more than a few things, but I reckon mum got off pretty lightly with repairs, compared with my HC.

Theres only a few downsides to this car. Its pretty slow & the steering is very hard when parking.

Hope those links work.

Abdul of northern nsw.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guys less than a week to go until the cruise......

Anyone else keen?

So far there is about 17 or 18 cars going, should be a great turnout![/b]
how was the cruise?
was there a decent turn out of 929's? i really wanted to come up to adelaide for it, but had to pay for shit for my house instead.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I didnt end up going as the 929 ran out of rego and im in the middle of my datsun 1600 project, so i couldnt pay for it. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay guys, new to this forum. Name is Alan from Melbourne.
I have a 1987 HC SOHC 3Lt 929 White with gray inside. I have converted it to manual. And has R32 16's on it at the moment.
Cheers.

·
Registered
931 Posts
man how many project cars are you working on nick? lol.[/b]
waaay to many for a poor uni student lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
My bad. I never posted up here!

I'm a current HC Series 1 owner. Champagne colour.

Working on the second HC Series 1 shortly.... :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Meh! Vicroads wanted to call it GOLD/SILVER!!! Mongrels!! hahaha
Champagne sounds more "posh"! :p

Oh.. and details of the car are in my signature :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another Adelaide owner here. Just acquired two !988 (?) HC sedans.
Three problems:
1. Both have sunroofs, however only one of these works the other does the first bit but then does not slide back - although I can hear the motor whirring away happily. I assume this may be a stripped drive gear(?) of some kind but how and where do I attack this?
2. Transmission on one of them shudders horribly unless very light foot is used when moving off from a standstill. Spoils an otnerwise nice car.
3. Need to find a new headlight but when I bought a replacement from U-Pull-It I found that the centre part on the three cars they had was slightlty different to mine, the inside edge of mine is more vertical than the three they had. Currently I have used a piece of perspex to cover the broken lens, doesn't look obtrusive - but is not the way I want it to stay.
Possibly will wreck one of them if anybody is desperately seeking parts and it is financially worthwhile for me, however am undecided at this time as both drive well considering huge mileages and age of cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys, long time no post.

Had a bit of an accident in the barge, only just recently got it back from the dodgiest crash repairers, and it is going back monday to get fixed again.

Still chasing a set of rear shocks for her, if anyone in Adelaide can help me out i'd be greatful.

Lonsdale U-PullIt has closed for relocation, and now there are only 2 hc 929's left at the elizabeth one as of today.

Both in pretty crappy nick too.

Stay good

161 - 180 of 219 Posts