Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2002 tribute . I can drive very short distance and then have no drive , I turn car off for about a minute restart and then it drives again for a short distance. I checked fluid level and dipstick indicated overfull, it was over about 30 mm past cross section on dipstick.
I then drained some and drove it around for about 10 minutes with no problem. I then replaced the fluid , which was about 4 litres . The dipstick showed way overfull again , I drove it for about 200 metres and it didn't want to change gears , then had no drive again . drained fluid again until it showed the correct level but I am still having the same problems .
Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You didn't say which engine. Have you changed the filter if it's a V6. I don't know if the four cylinder uses a filter in the auto trans. Check the fluid when it is hot and in park with the engine running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John

It is a V6 .I haven't change the filter and checked level when the car was running and warmed up .

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also, I'm assuming you have scanned for any codes stored. Sometimes the electronice act up such as transmission pressure managment items inside the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts