Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of going to the auto wash to get my car washed, is it safe? to be quite frank, i am too lazy to manually clean the car myself if i can just pay 7 bucks and have it cleaned for me automatically. but im worried if the things can scratch the car or anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sure, it's safe, depending on how you care about your car. It's not going to negatively affect the performance of your car or overall body structure (as long as no machine falls on you) but it will use uber harsh chemicals to clean the dirt off the car, do a shotty job, and look way worse then if you just got off of your ass and detailed your own car.

I wouldn't ever do it in my Lexus, but would reluctantly do it in a pinch in my built Jeep Wrangler.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
depends on what kind of machines. most of the gas station washers use plastic brushes, they will scratch. the more sophisticated ones use synthetic materials that are the same as a chamois. i take our cars there all the time, get a full service wash, then bring it home and zaino it. no scratches, nada, zilch. but that is partly because of the zaino, finest protection out there. zaino since brand new, nothing sticks to it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Touchless car washes use harsh chemicals to clean your car, so they strip off your protectants (if you took the time to ever wax/seal your car).
Car washes that use brushes will scratch your car. It doesn't matter whether they use nylon brushes or a chamois-type brush. The brushes take the dirt off of the nasty shitbox in front of you, and then slap that dirt right back on your car. It WILL scratch. Regardless of what type of protectant you have. Waxes and sealants can't prevent scratches. They can at best provide a slick surface to encourage dirt and other contaminants to slide off the paint easier.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
last time i went to a car wash, the guy had an accent, he said "nuetral no brake" and I was like whatever! Next thing I know my car feel like it's being jacked up! When I checked it, the molding had been all scratched up!! I was hot!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts